Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tri, tri again.




Yesterday I registered for the Danskin Sprint Triathlon in June.

It's hard to believe...but it's that time again. Time to climb out of whatever pit I've fallen into lately and get my boo-tay in shape. Time for regular swim work-outs...weekly bike rides...and bi-weekly runs.

I will tell you I am not the least bit interested in lacing up the ole' running shoes. I think the half marathon in November did me in. Some days it seems as if my knees still haven't recovered. Adding insult to injury (literally), I've only worked out a half dozen times since that race. And, let me tell you...it wasn't pretty.

Truthfully I am pretty psyched about this upcoming race in June...last year the whole training season was incredibly therapeutic for me--mentally--so I'm excited to begin focusing on this goal. And whipping my body into some sort of shape is just icing on the cake.

Plus--I'm going to try like mad to beat my first-ever time of 2 hours and 2 minutes. Don't think it will be too hard. Last year I was a little chit-chatty during the transitions from swim to bike and bike to run. Was makin' friends left and right...forgetting that I was actually being timed for my efforts.
"You don't have to win..." Sticker (Rectangular)
And, how cool is it that I'll be participating in the 2oth anniversary of the Danskin Triathlon Series in Austin with my friend "Jeanne, Jeanne, the dancin' machine?"

I think this calls for a new tri outfit, don't ya think?

You know me...any excuse to go shopping.

Not that I need an excuse.

7 comments:

Quirky Mess said...

I'm so proud of you! That's so exciting! I wish I wasn't going to be out of town then, or I'd seriously consider signing up too.

THE Stephanie said...

Girl, you ALMOST inspire me to "tri" it myself. I said ALMOST....

You're so good!!!

Ashley said...

Wow!! That's awesome!! I totally understand your like of desire to break out the running shoes. I haven't ran on the road since my marathon in December... the cold weather doesn't help either. I think it will be hard for me to make the transition back from elliptical to road once spring arrives.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the run part and can run forever...but the swim, not so much. Imagine seizures in the water and that's what I look like....so I stick to just running.
I admire someone who does it all.
Still considering Emmaus.
BTW, in case you are wondering how I started stalking your blog, I came across your blog twice through Maile and Melody.

HiHoOhio said...

what is the date? I am coing to Texas in June sometime!

MamaMia said...

What is it about that half marathon?? The thought of running...ug! And after that race, I didn't workout for two months!! I felt that training and race was so long that it would carry me those two months I guess. ;)

This tri will be more fun the second time around since you know what to expect and you have a time to beat. Good luck! And I will be keeping tabs on you.

Laura said...

You rock! Quite an inspiration, you are!!!