Friday, February 13, 2009

All About Love

(photo taken in December '08, when we visited Animal Kingdom, Orlando, FL)

Hello, Friday the 13th. Growing up this day always gave me the heebie jeebies. Mostly having to do with those gruesome "Friday the 13th" movies. Now I realize it's almost always just another day, but if anything out of the ordinary occurs, I still wonder if the date on the calendar has something to do with it.

The Christmas tree is still up...and decorated with Christmas ornaments. The kids are chomping at the bit to hang their hand-made hearts on the tree. Guess I need to get busy today.

When my mom was pregnant with me, she was told I would arrive on Valentine's Day. I'm kind of glad that I was 3 days late...and I always emphasize to Animesh that V-day and my birthday are two separate holidays. Bless his heart...he's gone along with it for years. I don't know that many husbands would.

As I have...ahem...matured (notice I didn't say as I have gotten older....), Valentine's Day has come to mean so much more to me than just romantic love...it's showing and accepting love from everyone who is willing to give and receive it. And remembering that we should give and take love all year round--not just on Valentine's Day. In fact, I think we need more of that in our world.

Like the song says....I hope with all this information buzzing through our brains....that we will not let our hearts forget the most important thing...it's love.

The past few days I've been shown love...with lots of pre-birthday celebrations given by those who I love and cherish. I'm so filled with gratitude.

I hope your Valentine's Day overflows with love--whether you celebrate it with a significant other, your children, your parents, your friends, co-workers....or even all by yourself.

Nothin' wrong with giving ourselves a little bit of that love we so lavishly pour out on others.

3 comments:

Dancing Queen said...

HAPPY HEARTS DAY & HAPPY (early) BIRTHDAY!!
you just keep gettin' better & better...

i hadn't even realized, or thought of today being friday the 13th...just knew tomorrow was the 14th...so funny!

i've missed you in my neck of the blog woods...

enjoy your wonderful weekend...

sojourner said...

happy LOVE!

Yvette said...

Happy Birthday! I must write this today in case I miss the real day. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Love ya!