Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Random Tidbits

This past Thursday I left the 3 little Indians in the care of their daddy to go here to attend one of these. While I was waiting for my friend, Jeanne, to meet me at my neighborhood entrance, I had the rare opportunity to have some quiet time while enjoying my backyard view. Heavenly. Even in the overcast light.


As usual, the weekend was an amazing spiritual experience...even after having served on this type of retreat 6 different times. If you're interested...there's a ladies Walk in July. I'll be there. Just in case you want to see a familiar face. We would love to have you. You won't be sorry you went. Cross my heart.

And, if you think this kind of retreat is nothing but deep soul-searching and praying, well, you're mostly right. The rest of the time I spent cracking up to the point of crying (and nearly wetting my pants). Girlfriends, you know who you are. And, I value your friend Chip more than you know (inside joke).

On Thursday night (the same day I left)...Priya begged Daddy to pull her first loose tooth out. Daddy had strict instructions to take pictures and "tell" the tooth fairy where to leave the money if it were to happen. Daddy got an A+ for his efforts.

While Mommy is away...Daddy will still find a way to watch the Spurs on T.V. This is how he enticed the 3 little Indians to join him in cheering for our home town team.


Randomness from today:

*I witnessed a car accident just minutes after it happened. I passed by the wreck and spotted the trapped person inside the upside-down car. Another person was hysterical by the passenger side. My heart sank and I shed a few tears. I circled around and was preparing myself to offer what nursing knowledge I could, but 3 fire engines and an EMS truck arrived before me. I drove on and offered up a prayer instead.

*I listened to a lady actually belly-laugh really LOUDLY (multiple times) in Walgreens while reading the "funny" cards in the greeting card section. It made me go find which cards she found so hilarious. Oh, yeah. I found 'em.

*I am currently listening to my children crack themselves up in Priya's room...and Deven just told his baby brother that he will always take care of him. Ok. I must be doing SOMETHING right.


I am leaving town this weekend to go on my first ever girls weekend away with my BFF's from high school. I am basically living week to week...something going on every single weekend through June. Eek. But. It will get done. And, I've learned I need to scale down. And, say no. The summer will be a time to regroup, swim, swim some more, and RELAX. I promise.

Remind me of that when I blog in July and tell you how my summer has gotten out of control.

10 comments:

sojourner said...

I love your little indian spurs!

Peace, and grace, and love, and joy :0)

Heather said...

Great post today...what an awesome view from your window. Was this an Emmaus walk that you did? My husband did his walk last year, but I have not done mine yet. Still waiting for the right time. The part of your post that struck me the most was how you were ready to stop your car and help the accident victims, although you haven't "practiced" nursing in a while. That innate desire to help doesn't stop just because you aren't working officially as a nurse. Kind of like being a mom: once a nurse, always a nurse. And of course you're doing something right with your kids...just looking at your blog, I can tell that you love your babies like crazy, and I'm sure they feel that love every day (even if you're yelling at them to stop fighting right this minute!). I'm sure you know what I mean.

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

oh my goodness... i have ALWAYS wanted to do the walk.

what a gift that would be to go in July! hmmm... i wonder if i can figure a way to make that fit with my trip that way. oh i would love that!

how cute does Priya look with her new missing tooth! :)

xoxoxo to you!

Dancing Queen said...

What amazing weekends you have going on! Good for you! I hope you have a super time! GO SPURS!!

MamaMia said...

You can't beat that view!

Sounds like you had a blessed weekend. So glad!

Aw, Priya's first tooth...good job on the picture Daddy!

Have a blast this weekend!

Anonymous said...

just love this post. little snippets of a life being fully lived. have a great weekend in austin! all three of you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

It was an amazing weekend, wasn't it? I realize that I got on your nerves more than you deserved, and for that, I ask your forgiveness, and I promise to never do it again. Please do, please do, please do.

Chip's friend

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

shoot... i tried to email you directly.

I have had some really close family friends (I've known since first grade) do the Walk to Emmaus... they loved it.
I do not know a whole lot about it other than it sounds like such a spiritual... healing... faith-filled experience.

when I was a child I did go to many revivals and camps... but have not had the opportunity since being an adult to do such. how incredible that would be. NOW is when my soul needs it most.

the one in Boerne you attend... is it through your church? an organization?

I hope you do not mind me asking you all this! I was just delighted when I saw your blog post on it!

xoxox

Yvette said...

hi this is meg GO SPURS !!!!!!!!! i remember when priya was only little she has grown SO much you have some fab pic of the 3 little indians
love ya
megi

Yvette said...

hi this is meg GO SPURS !!!!!!!!! i remember when priya was only little she has grown SO much you have some fab pic of the 3 little indians
love ya
megi