Thursday, February 7, 2008

Friends

I found a quote by an unknown author that said this:

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who sit on our shoulders and lift
our wings when we forget how to fly."


Dawn, Vanessa (who REALLY needs to start a blog), and I have known each other for over 20 years. It struck me how very cool it is that, while we have each evolved, grown, developed our own interests, and taken different life paths, we still find each other enjoyable to be around, trustworthy enough to confide in, and highly respectable in each other's eyes. That is a very rare thing. And, I treasure these two more than they probably realize.

Vanessa was in town last night...so, of course, a GNO (Girls Night Out) was inevitable. We got a little crazy with our cameras--at the bar.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that third shot! It really conveys what a good time you guys were having. I stop by now and then to read about your cute family...hope you don't mind. :)

fictionmama said...

Hey. I had so much fun last night. I came home to sleeping chaos and was up most of the night with Jack, so I'm glad that I started out the night with good food and good friends. It provided some fortitude for the long morning hours.

Dawn said...

Thanks for uploading (and croping as requested) What a great time I had. I treasure you and our friendship. You look beautiful - I swear you just look prettier each time I see you....

Anonymous said...

what great pics! makes me want to get in my car and head west on I-10! next time I'm in SA, I'm going to crash one of your dinners.

Mendy said...

How Priceless! I have a group of girl friends just like that & words cannot describe how good it is to have a girls night out with them!!! Cheers to you and your girl friends!
Mendy