Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Re-Cap......and 30 Days of Gratitude

Once again our Halloween was fun.  We feel blessed to have my parents' neighborhood to trick-or-treat in...since Animesh and I are "old school" trick-or-treaters and love walking from house to house.  It's impossible to do that in our neighborhood given how far apart the houses are...in fact...no one even trick-or-treats where we live.  So, we're grateful that the 3 little Indians are still pounding the pavement every October 31st just like we used to do.


 We had a punk rock witch....




....a teenage mutant ninja turtle....





....a blue ninja....





...and a knight.




3 Little Indians




The ninja and the knight battle it out pre-trick-or-treating.





 The family prepares to hit the road...I was a witch, too.




 Usually Dad stays home to give out candy 
and Mom walks the 'hood with us.  
This year Dad decided he wanted to join in the festivities.  
Since he'd bought a costume and all.  
He's still such a kid-at-heart.




 I'm pretty sure he had as much fun as the kids did.

 


The 2 "good" witches.  :-)



And, now, it's November.  While October was filled with fun events and heart-warming memories, I'm breathing a sigh of relief that the month is over.  Because last week was rough for me.  I mean....really rough.  Nothing serious happened, but every single day a situation arose that was disheartening or frustrating or maddening.  Ever have one of those weeks?

In the midst of last week's struggles I made a conscience decision to start focusing more on what I had to be grateful for.  So I bought this pretty journal to start documenting in writing. 

 

And I'm also going to do a month-long gratitude post in pictures.  Every day.  This journal is my first gratitude photo.  I love to write...I'm a closet writer and one day hope to do it on a more regular basis. 

Sometimes what I write in my journal will correlate with the gratitude picture I post.  Sometimes it won't...especially since the journal will undoubtedly be more personal.  What I'm hoping for is that these 30 days of "giving thanks in all things" will evolve into a habit so that if when I have another rocky season in life I will be able to reflect on my written journal and see all that I've been blessed with.....rather than all that seems to be going wrong.

I'm excited.  And nervous.  Because those of you who know me are completely aware that my plate is full.  And that I hardly have room for more commitments in my life.  But, I am convinced that only good can come from this...living a life of gratitude.  I belive it's appropriate for this new month of November that is upon us...a month of Thanksgiving. 

I'd love for you to join me.

No comments: