Tuesday, November 2, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 2

A good teacher is like a candle - 
it consumes itself to light the way for others.  
 -Author Unknown


Today I'm giving thanks for my children's teachers.

The kids attend an amazing school.  This is our 4th year there, and the teachers our children have been blessed with continue to wow us.

Priya has two AMAZING 3rd grade teachers who are team-teaching together for the first time this year.  While these two teachers are great friends, this is the first year they've tried this system.  And Priya is thriving.  I couldn't have asked for 2 better teachers for her.

Deven's 2nd grade teacher is WONDERFUL.  I get to know her better and better each time we talk, and our parent/teacher conference that was supposed to last 15 minutes evolved into a comfortable 45 minute chat leaving me loving her even more.

And Trevor's Kindergarten teacher?  Well, she's is FANTASTIC.  Neither Priya nor Deven had her for Kinder, but we knew of her and have since felt so incredibly blessed that Trevor is in such a warm, positive classroom atmosphere.  And since when do Kindergarteners learn about nouns and verbs??  Trevor came home explaining the difference to us a couple weeks ago...I could hardly believe it!  Last week I read to the Kinder class, and I was moved by the loving and gentle manner Trevor's teacher is guiding these sweet 5 and 6 year-olds during their first year of elementary school.

Yesterday Trevor shared with us something his teacher taught the class...how to spell the word "WOW" using their hands and facial expressions.  His hands are the Ws, and his face is the O.
The picture doesn't do this justice.  Watching & listening to Trevor say "WOW!" while doing the motions cracked me up.




Thank you to ALL the teachers who are making a difference in the lives of our children.   We appreciate you so much.


1 comment:

Quirky Mess said...

Yay! I'm always so thankful for our wonderful teachers. I love the "WOW"! So cute! One of my favorite kindergarten things was the teacher would tell the kids, "Kiss you brains!" and the kids would kiss their hand, touch it to their forehead and all say, "I'm so smart!" We still do that.

Loving this idea!