Sunday, October 24, 2010

Texas Pride

Even if you're not a fan of baseball, it's hard to be a Texan and NOT be psyched about the Texas Rangers going to the World Series.  I know I'll be watching those games and rooting for my home state team!




And these Texas girls were featured on the CBS Early Show last week.  As a mother of a daughter and someone who has struggled (and still does to some extent) with self-esteem issues...their movement impacted me in a powerful way.  I love the statement they are making...and at such a young age.  Man, how I wish I had that much clarity when I was in high school.




Operation Beautiful's website is worth taking a peek at...pretty inspiring stuff.

You go, girls!  Thanks for standing strong and emphasizing that what's INSIDE is what really matters!


I'm boastin' me a whole lotta Texas pride right about now.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Beloved,

I am blown away that you struggle (to a degree) with self-esteem issues--I cannot imagine. I look at you, and see this *beautiful* person, inside and out, and can't imagine how or why you would struggle! But I guess we each have our own critical eye which I wish we could overcome with much more ease than we can. Jen, you are fearfully and wonderfully made--His works are marvelous!.

I love you & miss you, and think about you often. I need to call & chat with ya, just to catch up. Please forgive me for not having touched base w/you sooner, but you have been in my thoughts lately.

Laura