Monday, February 1, 2010

Put a Little Love in Your Heart



Here it is. My favorite month of the year. February. Now, that's not to say that I don't LOVE December when we celebrate Jesus' birth. And it's not to say that I don't LOVE March or April (depending on the year) when we celebrate Jesus' resurrection.

Because I absolutely DO love celebrating those holidays that are at the heart of who I am and why I am here.

February is special for other reasons. Valentine's Day for one. Even when I was single I enjoyed celebrating....because even though there was no man in my life didn't mean my heart was void of love! I love my family. I love my friends. I love the God who created me and put me here. And I'm a firm believer in celebrating not only romantic love on Valentine's Day---but all of the different love relationships I am blessed with in my kids, girlfriends, etc.

And then there's my birthday. Just a few days after V-day. When I was growing up I knew virtually no one with a February birthday. But over the last 10 years I've met more and more friends born in the "love month"...in fact...three of my dearest peeps are awesome fellow Aquarians. Although, Yvette, you might be a Pisces...but you're an honorary Aquarian to me. :-)

So, in the spirit of love and hearts and all things ooey, gooey, and mushy...I'm accepting my friend Melody's challenge this month. I'm gonna (attempt to) post one picture a day of something or someone or some place that I love. What a great idea. It's kind of like an online "gratitude journal" of sorts since recalling all those things that I love and have to be thankful for are sure to boost spirits and give me warm fuzzy feelings.

Especially on a cold, damp, dreary day like today. And hold onto your hats because it's gonna be a month where I hope to post on the blog EVERY SINGLE DAY! Gasp!

So, c'mon. Join Melody and I in a fun, "love-themed" blog-a-thon.

It's sure to put a little more love in your heart.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you post every single day. This is a great idea!

Happy early birthday!

Happy Girl said...

What a great idea and a great way to increase the love in your heart and be reminded of your blessings! I look forward to seeing what you post. By the way, you know, two of my dearest friends and most favorite people in the whole world are Aquarians! : )

Anonymous said...

Great idea....I may join you!!!

sojourner said...

yes i'm a fish! but we're both water signs :0)