Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Love (Feb. 17th)....

....birthdays.

My family's birthdays. My friends' birthdays.
My dogs' birthdays.

There is something special about celebrating
someone's arrival to this planet.

And, yes, I even love my birthday.

Even if that birthday is commemorating the big FOUR-OH.

Today I turn 40.

I've been looking forward to it for awhile.
My 30s were filled with the highest of highs...and the lowest of lows.
I'm eager to leave those lows behind and move on.

Last year I wrote myself a letter.
I re-read that letter last night.
To my delight...I still believe
every word I wrote to myself one year ago.

My friend, Tecla, took me to lunch yesterday.
And baked me rainbow cupcakes.
She knows how much I love cupcakes.

Thanks, Tecla. You rock.
And, Jill....we missed you a lot.







I'm blessed beyond belief,
because there are other people
in my life who want to celebrate with me.

Today. Tonight. And, oh! This weekend!

So, bring on the big FOUR-OH.
I'm ready for it.

It's gonna be a great decade.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, Jennifer! You are an amazing woman...of course there are plenty of people who want to celebrate with you!

Hope this is the best birthday ever!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!! You are a wonderful person....and I miss seeing your smiling face.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday...to my beautiful friend (inside and out)...love you so much! xoxo Amanda

kary said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JEN!!!

WHERE DID YOUR FB PAGE GO? MISS SEEING YOU THERE.
LOVE, KARY

Yvette said...

happy, happy, happy birthday Jenny! You look soooooo young and beautiful. Hope you had a great birthday. I have been out of town and then catching up on mountains of laundry so I missed your birthday but I hope you had a happy one! Love ya!!!

Quirky Mess said...

What a fun time! Oh, and nice use of the soft focus on our picture. Love it!

It would have been perfect if only we weren't missing someone...

Happy, happy birthday, my sweet friend!!!! Welcome to 40. Savor it!