Thursday, January 7, 2010

Published

Simplicity. My word of the year. I've kept it in my head and on my heart since I chose it. The word has spoken to me every single day...and I think simplicity is infiltrating its way into my life in a way I never expected it to. The way I think. The words I speak. How I spend my time. My reaction to certain things.

Yeah, sure. It's only January 7th. It's only been a few days since simplicity became my word of the year.

But, it's a start.

So far I've not missed Facebook. So far I've unsubscribed from every "junk" email that will allow me to. Still, there are other actions need to be taken as I focus on inviting more simplicity in my life.

I cannot wait for this to arrive. It will have the word "simplicity" on it...and I plan on wearing it all year round as a gentle reminder...not like I need a reminder now...but I might in the future.

And the bible study topic we started discussing today even relates to simplicity. Trying not to let our culture indoctrinate us...whether it's materialism, our looks, or something else that takes our focus away from God.

It's gonna be a good one.

And just for fun.....





I'm published! Photographer Maile Wilson took this shot of me 2 years ago, and she submitted it for publication in this really cool book. It was chosen---along with the awesome blog entry that went along with it!!!

Seriously, even if I weren't in the book, you should get a copy of this inspirational piece of work.

But, if you do happen to purchase one...I'll autograph it for you. :-)

3 comments:

Heather said...

I have finally decided on my word. Gonna do a post about it later.

I LOVE that picture of you! The perfect one for a book, for sure.

I don't miss Facebook, either. But please don't ever give up your blog; I'll miss you too much!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

rock star i tell you!

i am not one bit surprised she used that pic... it is cativating AND simply beautiful!

i'll check on the book! her photography is ooh la la!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

ohhhh... am puttin two & two together...
that book!
HOW great is that!