Sunday, June 14, 2009

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

If I'm known for one thing, it's my goofiness. I'm not sure my friends comprehend just how goofy I am because my true, innermost goofiness surfaces only in the privacy of our home. For example, I never know when the mood might strike and I'll feel the need to leap across the kitchen floor while opera singing a Jonas brothers song. And it's totally random when I'll feel the urge to shake my groove thang in front of the TV while the kids are really into a movie. Sadly, I've realized that my goofiness is now standard to them because instead of laughing at me...they'll just whine, "Mooom! Please move out of the way! We can't see the Teee-VEEEE!"

Regardless, I was so thrilled (and quite proud) when I found these on Priya's camera a couple weeks ago. She was apparently bored at some point and decided to follow in Mom's footsteps by taking self-portraits. She cracks me up. Talk about goofy. She truly is her mother's daughter.











I just love this little girl who is growing up way too fast for my liking.

Speaking of girls having fun...this week I'm headed to Columbus, Ohio---ALONE!---to see my nearly 90-year-old grandmother. What's also cool about Columbus is that it's where Animesh and I spent our first year of marriage while he did a fellowship. Can't wait to see the ole' condo we used to call home.

Then Jeanne (see previous post about the triathlon) is meeting me in Columbus, and we'll drive to Cincinatti to see our dear friend, Catherine. Cannot wait. Especially exciting is the chance to meet blogger friend, Heather! Can you say, "bloggable moments????"

I'm giddy with excitement about flying by myself, staying in a hotel by myself, SHOWERING by myself! And to have 3 full days of giggling and goofiness with some of my dearest peeps...well...I think it's safe to say that these girls are gonna be havin' some serious fun.

5 comments:

HiHoOhio said...

Goofy Girls Rule, can't wait to see you!!!!

Yvette said...

Wow, that sounds fantastic. I am so jealous! Hope you have a great time & enjoy yourself! Love ya, Y

Heather said...

Girl, you know we are gonna have a ROCKIN' good time!

I can't wait!

Dawn said...

have fun. i love ohio, it is where jackson was concieved. TMI.....call when you get home.

patty said...

have a great time! love the photo, 4th one down! ;) now, you just need to get her a blog site! :)