Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Keep Austin Wierd

That's the unofficial motto for Austin. Keep Austin Wierd. I did witness a few wierd moments while visiting Austin this past weekend (an almost drunken brawl, for example), but it hasn't changed my opinion about the city. With the exception of the traffic (ugh, the TRAFFIC!), I heart Austin. The edginess. The live music in every restaurant and coffee house. And the Danskin triathlon. Awesome.

This year I had very simple goals at the triathlon. Don't drown. Don't wreck the bike. Don't twist an ankle while running. I didn't train as hard as I did last year. So all I wanted to do is beat my time. Even if it was only by a few seconds. In spite of the chain coming off my bike...twice...I was able to do just that. Four minutes faster than last year. Two minutes off my swim. A minute off my bike and a minute off my run. Cool.

Here's the slide show if you're interested. The girl in the pictures with the grin from ear to ear is me. Happy to have accomplished my goal. And ready to do it again next year.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Danskin Triathlon 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So proud of you!!!!

Ashley said...

Congratulations! You are SuperWoman! I'm convinced!

MamaMia said...

Great slide show! Who took the pics? Or did you leave your camera in the transition area?

Great job shaving off those minutes girlie! Woo hoo!!

If my hubby totally confirms we're done having babies (I wish he'd let me have one more), then I'm there, er, back there next year. ;)

HiHoOhio said...

Slide Show is AWESOME, like you and Jeanne are AWESOME! GREAT PHOTOS!
See you next week! yeah!

Heather said...

I loved the pictures! You look amazing, and so elated to be there! Way to go!

sojourner said...

yea! i'm proud of you! My head is so big it is going to burst but that is ok because it is for you and not me :0)

patty said...

wtg and loved the slide show!