Sunday, June 28, 2009

Birthday Boy

It's been awhile, I know. I still have my trip to Ohio to post...it's taking me a long time to edit and sift through the 150 or so pictures I took over a 72 hour period. My friend, Jeanne, called me a shutterbug. While I'm certainly not a professional by any means, I suppose the name "shutterbug" is an accurate one.

So, until the slide show is done...let's celebrate my baby turning 4 today.


What a character this one is. I often forget how young he is because he's wise beyond his years thanks to the wisdom imparted to him by his older siblings. Yet when the time calls for it he'll play the "baby" card right on cue...just in time to melt my heart (or his daddy's, or his sister's, or his brother's....).

It's been a little sad to see how quickly Trevor has grown up. Having 2 older siblings meant that he jumped right over Sesame Street and Baby Einstein videos--and straight into Power Rangers, High School Musical, and the Jonas Brothers.

We have a running joke in our house. Trevor will do something so hysterical, and Animesh or I will ask him where we got him. One time he declared matter-of-factly, "from the zoo, of course." One time he told us we got him from Home Depot (Daddy liked that one). And just today he told me I got him from Disney World. Like I said...he's a character alright.

This song is one of the themes of our San Antonio Spurs basketball team. Our basketball-loving Trevor can bust a move like nobody's business when he hears this. This one is for you, birthday boy. We love you to the moon and back.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, Trevor!

I know exactly what you mean about the third baby. Gabe knows WAY more at this age than Elijah ever did...

Can't wait to see all your pics from Ohio. Especially the hot air balloon :)

patty said...

he is SOOO cute!
happy birthday, little man! :)

sojourner said...

The music fits him! I remember warning you about this: "thanks to the wisdom imparted to him by his older siblings"

Just wait and you will marvel and be amazed even more as they get older!

Four were hard years for me - I called it the "demon possessed" year. :0)

MamaMia said...

I was just thinking the other day that my poor son has NEVER seen and enjoyed Sesame Street. Now, granted he'll only be two on Sunday, but my girls were very aware of Big Bird, Elmo and Bert and Ernie by this age. Perhaps he'll get to know these characters beginning this fall when his sisters will both be in school full time. ;)

Happy birthday Trevor!