Monday, November 10, 2008

Time Crunch

On my favorite day of the week I always intend to join in the NOT ME MONDAY fun...but these days I barely have time to blog let alone recall the moments I could post about.

I feel as if time is whizzing by at some sort of insane warp speed. Was it only 5 months ago that I agreed to do the 1/2 marathon with my friend, Lisa? Since then, other peeps have joined the conquest, and now...it's merely days away.

This week will be busy--lots of doctors' appointments, school activities, and volunteer commitments. I don't mind any of this--well, except visiting the doctor with the kids--but I do hope to find some peace and solitude and restless sleep at the end of each day to regroup, recharge, and re-energize for Sunday.

I feel as giddy as I did prior to my first triathlon back in June. I am a bit concerned about the ole' knees, but I know I can always walk it if I have to.

Hopefully, I won't have to.

Have a wonderful week!

6 comments:

sojourner said...

You have a wonderful week!
I miss seeing your comments on my blog ;0( Maybe one day you will have time to visit the new one.
Love,
sojourner

Heather said...

Good luck on your marathon.

Good luck with the doctor's appointments and all the other busy stuff this week.

I completely understand how you feel.

I am still gonna call you, even if I just have to leave a message. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my birthday gift. You are so incredibly thoughtful. Thank you so much; you totally made my day.

Dancing Queen said...

yup, it's a crazy week alright! have you seen the forecast for sunday...lookin' chilly!! i'm very excited & hope my friends will want to wait around to take pictures:) that includes you miss triathlete!!

just don't overexert yourself too much this week!

MamaMia said...

I have a love/hate relationship with races. I'm so nervous prior to the race I wish I never signed up for it. Then, when it's over I can't wait for the next one. The half marathon, however, is uncharted territory. My main concern is being able to run the whole thing. I still have yet to run 13.1 miles and I'm just praying my mind will stay out of it! I'm a mess! ;)

I'm hoping we'll get to see you sometime before or after the race. You'll do great! Tell those knees to behave.

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

sending up prayers for you... all of you gals!
so impressed... so inspired by all of you!

come on knees... hang in there!

xoxo

Moon Mommy said...

Think mind over matter when it comes to your knees, there has to be some mental control over theses things!
p.s., I just added you to my blogroll - hope that's OK.