Saturday, November 1, 2008

Boo!

Halloween Day, 2008.... After school I contributed to my children' s future sugar high by giving them these cool lollies...if only I could have made ALL of them in color. Picnik wouldn't let me. And, I haven't read the 5 million page "Photoshop for Dummies" manual that would probably allow me to edit the way I wanted. Oh, well. Imagine ALL the lollies in color. I know you can do it.


Aunt Vanessa and her family are in town...and she saved the day by totally getting into the pumpkin carving we had yet to do. I love the look on Deven's face when Vanessa cut the top off.




Priya loved putting her hands in the
pumpkin "guts" (as the kids called them).




Awesome finished product.
Thanks, Aunt Vanessa.



Vanessa brought along her
most adorable twin boys.

Meet Jack the Lion...



...and Nate the Lion.
These are two of the most adorable,
happy little ones I have ever seen.



At the last minute Priya changed her mind about being a Power Ranger...so we dug into the costume archives and came up with medieval princess duds. They all had such a great time trick-or-treating. We've been going to my parents' 'hood for 4 years now (our 'hood has no street lamps and the houses are spread out). We love seeing familiar faces handing out treats.



Recycled costume:
Daddy was Shrek last year.




Mommy the Leopard.
Or, as I called myself...a cool cat.




Our first Halloween without a stroller or wagon of any kind proved to be a bittersweet one. Our 3 little Indians are growing up too quickly. For that reason I will cherish pictures like this one above forever.

10 comments:

Heather said...

I know exactly what you mean...we were wagonless this year, too. Although Gabe was wishing for the wagon after two hills!

You are one cool cat! Love the costume. Can you believe Power Rangers are still so popular? They've been around since I was just a babysitter.

So, how painful was the sugar high?

Anonymous said...

You can make more than one lollipop color in picnik.

Click on "Black and White"
Then click on "Original" and highlight the parts you want color on. Be sure to zoom on edges. . .that helps.

HiHoOhio said...

GREAT photos, great pumpkins, great lions, cute kitty! PURRFECT!

MamaMia said...

Love the lollipop picture.

Looks like a great night. You all look great!

Dancing Queen said...

MEOW!! you look wonderful...a beautiful, special family, you 5!! sam also went sans stroller, BUT mamamia & her crew came to our 'hood & "baby" cannon got to use it!

GUESS WHAT??? I ran for two straight hours & did 10 miles this morning!!! I've been popping Aleve ever since...so excited!! hoping i can push to do all 13 in just a couple weeks!! aagh!

Yvette said...

I just loved your post! We really miss Halloween at home. It is great seeing Vanna's boys too. It looks like you all had a very good time. Love ya

Danyele Easterhaus said...

super fun! love the pics!

Dancing Queen said...

today was the PERFECT day for me to share on a "Not Me Monday" post...come by & check it out! how are you guys feeling post Halloween??

sojourner said...

Booooo back toooo yooooo

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

okay... Shrek tops it ALL... what a dad!

i actually am loving all the pics... does look like QUITE the day!

cool cat mama for sure!
okay... channel that cool cat on the run too! :)