Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Celebrate Good Times

Priya couldn't have asked for a better birthday celebration. Her class enjoyed birthday cupcakes, and when we arrived home, she discovered the best home-made birthday decorations on our front door...lovingly delivered by our friends/neighbors. Too sweet.


This precious headband arrived on Priya's birthday
from the kindest friends. She absolutely adores it.



We went out to dinner at Priya's fave little restaurant here in town. This year I broke tradition and actually baked the cake. Tasted pretty decent...but I ran out of icing and could only put her initials on it instead of her name. So typical for me.



The big surprise gift for Priya? Tickets to see the Cheetah Girls. We gave her the tickets on Monday, and the concert was last night. I'm still recovering...and I believe my hearing is now impaired from all of the high-pitched tween screaming. But, it was quite the show...awesome, in fact. Pictures to follow soon...they actually turned out great.

I love her facial expression
when she realized what the tickets were for.




Sibling love. It's the best.


Stay tuned for Ch-Ch-Ch CHEETAH mania--
Happy Hump Day.
What does your Wednesday have in store for you?
I'll be singing Cheetah songs all day long...

9 comments:

Heather said...

What great birthday pictures! The family photo is adorable. Looks like Priya had a wonderful day. I can't wait to see the concert pics...

sojourner said...

I can't believe she is 7!!!! I remember praying so hard for her creation :0)

HiHoOhio said...

One World, One Heart......ok I won't sing! That cake looks Cheetahliscious! What a great day for her....I know the fun continues this weekend....you will be tired then!

Unknown said...

What a great birthday! My coworker actually just did this same thing for her daughter's birthday. She gave her the tickets on her birthday and a couple of days later they went off on a girls trip to see the Cheetah Girls and spend the night in Nashville. How fun! And what a great mother/daughter trip!!!

THE Stephanie said...

How sweet! I'm sure you've just won "Mom of theh Year!!"

MamaMia said...

I can't wait to be one of those cool moms, taking my girls to concerts.

Love the family picture. You guys are beautiful!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

happy bday priya!!! and that face with the tix is awesome!!! what a fab time! cheetah girls...hmmmm...not my fav, but i'd go too for her excitement. u must be #1 momma right now!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

her face... seeing those tickets... precious!
what a lifetime memory!

AND that pic of her in the headband... slap that cutie in a frame! wow!

SEVEN... they need to stop! :)

HiHoOhio said...

I awarded you!