Thursday, September 4, 2008

Breath of Fresh Air

It is cool this morning. 73 degrees here in the Texas Hill Country. We are typically 5 degrees cooler than San Antonio on most days, and the past couple days it has been noticeably pleasant.

Yesterday morning Lisa and I took advantage of the weather and rode our bikes together. We had trained together for the Danskin Triathlon, but we hadn't ridden side by side since May.

It felt good to enjoy the fresh air...both literally and figuratively.

Lisa's friendship is like a breath of fresh air. She is positive, upbeat, and kind. She is funny, loving, and tender-hearted. As always, it was a joy to spend the morning (and lunch afterwards) with her.

I brought along my little point-and-shoot
to capture the scenery. We asked a
stranger to take this one...
in front of this charming,
small-town post office we always pass.


The sky really was this blue...


I shot my shadow as I cycled...very, very slowly.


Good ole' country road.
Wouldn't be complete without
a fiberglass cow sign, now would it?


Of course, it's always exhilarating when
one of these whooshes by us...
swaying me on my bike ever so slightly...
causing me to feel tiny, human, fragile,
and yet somehow powerful all at the same time
when I manage to not fall off.


Thanks, Lisa, for another great ride, awesome conversation, and your unconditional friendship. I love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a cow or a horse?

HiHoOhio said...

I miss the BLUE SKY like that.....High next week is 75!! Not to rub that in, but Yes, it iwll be snowing here in a few months too! Hope this week brought you some quality alone time!

sojourner said...

Look again "city girl" it's a horse not a cow! Thus the advertisement for the "livery stable" which sells feed and "saddlery" :0)

Shalet said...

Go, go! I finally got off my butt today and ran, not seven miles mind you, but I ran nonetheless. It felt good!

HiHoOhio said...

YOU ARE LOVED, CHECK MY BLOG!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

horse... i think it's a horse! :)
cow... horse... all the same!
too funny!

two really cute biker chicks!