Sunday, July 13, 2008

Worthy of Mentioning

Happy 11th Anniversary to the Chief Indian and I!

Well, actually, it was yesterday, the 12th. Oh, yeah, and the 5th. We have two anniversaries. So we went out twice to celebrate. Which is good because our kids LOVE babysitters. Babysitters mean frozen pizza. And, the 3 little Indians love frozen pizza.

We have two anniversaries because we had two weddings. A week apart. The July 5th wedding was an Indian ceremony in Dallas...with a mere 500 guests in attendance. It was somethin' else. I was treated like a princess by my MIL and her friends as they wrapped me in yards and yards of luxurious silk saris and adorned me with 18K gold bangles...it was so much fun. I wasn't digital back then, so when I get a chance to scan pics I'll post them.

Then, a week later we came back here to San Antonio and were married in the church...celebrating with 250 of our closest friends and family. It was actually a bit more stressful because I was aware of all the "little" things that went wrong. And, they were little in the grand scheme of things. But, to a stressed out bride and her even more stressed out mother...it was, well, a little stressful.

So, happy anniversary, Animesh. Thanks for tolerating me and being such a wonderful husband and father.

To put it in a very eloquently...you rock.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I bet the Indian ceremony was lovely! I can't wait to see some pictures, I'm sure you were beautiful :)
Happy anniversary two times! Hubby and I just celebrated (in March) our 12th year ... seems SO weird! LOL :)

sojourner said...

Happy anniversary to one of my favorite couples! Give Animesh a BIG hug and tell him it's from me!

Heather said...

Congratulations on such an accomplishment! Eleven years is awesome! Hope you guys had a great time celebrating...can't wait to see some photos!

MamaMia said...

Happy anniversaries!

Me too, I can't wait to see pictures.

Dancing Queen said...

Yea you two!! Where did you guys dine out??
We celebrated w/my mother-in-law this weekend, because it would have been her & my father-in-law's 50th anniversary yesterday...very bittersweet, but she loved having everyone around!

I love, love looking at wedding pictures...please post some soon!

Wishing you many more years of wedded bliss...

Anonymous said...

happy anniversaries :o) i loved hearing about your indian wedding and the cultural customs. you are blessed.....here's to another 11 years and many many more!!!

Unknown said...

Aw...Happy Anniversary...twice! How fun. To many more happy years together!

Anonymous said...

Sitting in the peanut gallery, we saw nothing but two love birds sitting in a tree. Congrats!!! I promise we didn't forget!