Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

I am so far behind posting pics that I decided to just start with the most recent events. You'll just have to imagine the fun we had at the circus and how special it was for Priya and I to experience her first-ever pedicure.

Saturday we hosted an intimate dinner party for Mom and Dad's 40th anniversary. Dad wanted a party; Mom did not. So, we compromised and had something small-ish with family and 2 of their best couple friends...people we have known for 25 years. I haven't laughed or cried that much in a long time. I believe a good time was had by all. It wasn't even stressful preparing for the dinner as we had it catered. Oh yeah, that's the way to go.

**NOTE: click on any photo to enlarge.

I used my formal china (only the 2nd time in 11 years). I even had time to make these. Thank you, foldingnapkinguide.com.



Mom and Dad 40 years ago. But, now in edible form.



Sweet pic of Mom and Dad smooching after the toasts.



I love this picture of my bro, sis, and I. Jim and Judy's offspring. We had just finished giving our individual toasts, so we were a little "verklempt." Or maybe it was the wine.



La Familia.



The cousins were here the week leading up to the party. There was a lot of swimming involved. It's always amazing to see where the kids just pick right up where they left off...even after not having seen each other in 6 months.

Baby Drew is the newest addition to the "cousins club." He is a big hit and loved by us all.



I was outside a little while ago watering my plants, and I do believe a storm is a-brewin' in South Texas. Hurricane Dolly's presence may be known here in Boerne in just a few short hours, and boy, do we need the rain. If only it weren't feast or famine.

I've loved being a part of Vacation Bible School with the kids this week...till Thursday when I will be having my own spiritual renewal this weekend. Looking forward to hangin' with some of my fave people while praising God and reminding myself just how blessed I am. Daddy will no doubt do a superb job holding down the fort. He always does.

Enjoy your weekend!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Jeez, I missed seeing some good pics and posts on your blog! Thanks for sharing...your family is beautiful; what an awesome accomplishment, to be married 40 years. And such a blessing to have your parents together and present in your life.

Good luck in VBS...ours is next week. Here's wishing for "just enough" rain for your neck of the woods.

I finally got to meet CB's girls...adorable. We went to the movies with our girls and their girls (American girls, that is) and saw Kit Kittredge. What a great movie! Thanks so much for "introducing" us; I have really enjoyed becoming friends.

(P.S. Very impressed with the napkins!)

Arizaphale said...

Comin' over from Melody! A 40th is such a special anniversary. The pics are great. I'm thinking...you: your Dad..... sister: your Mum, brother....bit of a mix, more mum....what do you think???

You guys look so stunning. Looks like a wonderful night was had by all. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! What blessings for 40 years. Any secrets they could pass on?? I hope John and I are as blessed too!!! I am behind as well with the blogging....hugs, miss u

Shanan Strange said...

What great pictures.. Your parents are precious. I love your hair! I was expecting to see it like you have it on the top of your blog. Cute...cute...cute...

Shanan Strange said...

Oh yea.. I just got back from HEB in Boerne and was checking out behind mommastoeheadedboyz... I was going to say "Hey!" but thought it would be so stalker-ish. I'm still waiting to see you somewhere. It's such a small world!

Dancing Queen said...

your hair is ADORABLE!! love it! you have to e-mail me who you go to...thinking of switching from my girl!

your family is like mine...2 girls, 1 boy...i'm the oldest...my sister is 9 years younger & my brother is 12 years younger...

i bet your mom & dad we're so touched & excited to have you all in one place! what a fun time!

enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Don't ya just love pictures of the cousins!? ;)
Looks like you all had a great time!

MamaMia said...

Beautiful family. Love the picture of the cousins.

So special to celebrate your parents' 40th anniversary. You're right, not many people get to do that in this day and age. May they have many more years together.