Saturday, May 31, 2008

Slumber Party

I have mentioned before about a really awesome community I have become involved in. Eleven and a half years ago I went on this thing called a Walk to Emmaus. It was such a cool experience that I began serving on teams almost every year for the last 7 years. I have met some great people...especially 3 amazing ladies who have touched my heart on such deep levels.

These 3 friends (one from Austin, one from Hamilton, and one from Tulsa-soon-to-be-Ohio) and I reunited at my house yesterday for a fun-filled afternoon of swimming & dinner...followed by a chat session on my back patio till nearly 2am. We laughed, cried, prayed, laughed even more, and enjoyed meaningful fellowship over wine and cheese. So great to hang with these chicks who are like sisters to me. And, so grateful to God (and the Walk to Emmaus) for bringing us together.

Never been on a Walk to Emmaus? Leave a comment if you're interested. There's one in July. Or, one in March. I'll be there for both if you'd like to have a familiar face (or bloggy friend) to go with you.

The slide was a hit by all. Here's Catherine's beautiful daughter, Campbell.


And, her other beauty, Addison.




Even the big girls braved the slippery slide a time or two.

Sweet Catherine...


Crazy Jeanne, Jeanne, the dancin' machine...


Lovely Priscilla...


Trevor opted to be the slide observer. Maybe next year.


The little girls...


...and the big girls. Most of us still in jammies. I don't think any of us would protest the blurry picture since it smooths out the lines on our faces.


Girls, thanks for such a fun 24 hours. What blessings your friendships are.

Jeanne, see you in a week! Danskin Triathlon, here we come!

5 comments:

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

treasured weekend with dear friends! really great pics!

your triathlon is nearing... woo hoo... you're gonna ROCK!!!!!!!!

sojourner said...

When did you get a pool!!!???!!!

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to go to this walk but have never felt worthy and quite frankly somewhat intimidated. I would love to attend so I will soul search for some courage.......keep up your awesome training!!

THE Stephanie said...

Hey Jen, it's Steph... from dinner on Saturday. :)(the blonde)

Just stopped by to say I had a great time and really enjoyed meeting you before you had to slip off. AND, I would really like to do THE WALK... I agree that I do find it a bit intimidating, but my God is big and can certainly overcome my unworthy feelings.

Stop by my blog sometime... maybe we'll hook up for dinner again.

Steph

HiHoOhio said...

Oh Jen, the photos were great till the last "morning after" one!!!!! Nothing like true friends and good fellowship. I am so thankful. Lots of Love, soon to be Ohio Friend, Catherine!!!