Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday

Last night after tucking kids into bed, I realized our remaining beagle had flown the coop. It appears he escaped via an open garage door...but I did not discover this till a couple hours later.

I was out front frantically calling Spridle's name...when I saw eyes appearing in the front door windows. I hurriedly re-tucked 2 little Indians back into their own beds and then breathed a huge sigh of relief when our neighbor called to tell us Spridle had come to visit them.

I jumped into the truck and high-tailed it 1/4 of a mile down the road to retrieve said beagle, shaking my head in disbelief that I was leaving my kids in the house alone (and awake...Animesh was at the Spurs game...). I know it was only for a few minutes. But, STILL!

When I returned, I found Deven cuddled next to his big sister. Turns out our little tough guy needed Priya to love on him while I was gone. I was overcome with emotion.



Today is Wednesday, which meant riding day with Lovely Lisa. I have become addicted to this cycling thing. So! Much! Fun! This morning was no different.



While I waited for Lisa to arrive I shot a few of the great park where we meet every Wednesday morning.




Following our great 13 mile ride, I lolly-gagged my way back to Boerne and enjoyed a yummy chicken sandwich here. Can I just say that I love this little town we live in?

After picking up the 3 Little Indians from their respective educational establishments, we chilled out over some snow cones with friends.





It's shaping up to be a whirlwind weekend...Priya's Bike Rodeo at school on Friday (oh yeah, which I'm CO-CHAIRING!!!!), Deven's 5th birthday party Saturday, date night Sunday at the Majestic...plus squeezing in some triathlon training here and there. Plus, the in-laws arrive tomorrow for 5 days!

Watch out---photograph overload is sure to ensue (wow, big word...hope I used it correctly!) next week!

And, I am seeing my life with so much more clarity these days...thanks to some truly amazing, honest, gifted friends. You know who you are. And, while I'm still working my way out of the muck...having you there makes the journey that much easier. Love you guys.

Happy weekend, ya'll!

8 comments:

MamaMia said...

You with your bike rodeo and some of the old gang with the Jubilee...we'll all be ready for a glass of wine this weekend!

On another note, how did you blur the license plate? I've needed that feature a couple of times.

Happy weekend to you.

Shalet said...

Sounds like a wonderful Wednesday to me. We have a crazy busy weekend too. I'm going to need to few days off after my days off just to recover.

PS - Do you wear padded bike shorts or do you have a padded seat? I'm wondering the best way to prevent saddle sores. ;o)

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

there is something... about watching your kids sleep. what is it? love radiates from them!

i am SO impressed by your cycling! I am a chicken when it comes to mechanical wheely things! i bet some really great... dig deep... thoughts can take place during those long rides. God's beauty being all around!

sojourner said...

How did you even THINK to blur the license plate??!!?? I love small towns they have such character....many lasting memories are sure to "ensue" from living in such a place :0)

Dancing Queen said...

Glad you found Spridle! I know when Doc, our Beagle, has any chance, he goes out the door, gets a track on a scent, and never looks back!

Good luck w/Bike Rodeo, Priya!! & mom too:)
We'll miss you at Jubilee...happy b-day to Deven!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, Honorary Indian. Those beagles... escape artists, aren't they? Your children are adorable. :) Blessings, Jill

Dawn said...

your last wednesday night was certainly event filled, and yet you found a way to take a picture of sleeping kids too! WOW. Where is that park. Is it on Blanco? If so, why am I moving. Jackson wont be at the party on saturday - sorry, my mom is not up to taking him...ugh! And I have the garage sale.

Anonymous said...

I guess you wouldn't know if Priya was awake when he slipped in. She is such a great big sister. Love that picture.