Tuesday, April 29, 2008

We're All In This Together



I have passed this river at least 3 or 4 times a week in the last 7 months...and every time I wished that I had remembered to bring my camera to capture the beauty and simplicity that is reflected in this stunning view. Finally, a few weeks ago, I remembered.



These ducks floating together remind me of this song:

"I'm made of atoms...you're made of atoms,
And we're all in this together.
And, long division just doesn't matter
Cuz, we're all in this together."

I have had an amazing couple days. I've had so many Ah-HA! moments I cannot even tell you--with old friends and with friends I'm just getting to know. Some of these encounters were just minutes long. Some of these encounters lasted a couple hours (but could have clearly continued on for many more). Talking....really TALKING about ourselves, our lives, and what's real. Connecting as human beings. And, reminding me that we ARE in this together...maneuvering through this amazing journey called life.

And, thank goodness for long division REALLY not mattering. Because I was never very good at math.

8 comments:

Shalet said...

Hooray! Beautiful photos, beautiful place and beautiful post! I'm so glad to hear you're feeling well!

Heather said...

So often I have wished I carried my camera with me around town, like Ali Edwards and Becky Higgins clearly do. We always document the big events, but it's the everyday stuff that makes up our lives. You have inspired me to get out and about tomorrow and get on film the scenes that we see all the time, and just take for granted. Thanks, Jennifer.

Glad to hear you had such a great weekend! Take care.

sojourner said...

What river is tha??!!??

MamaMia said...

I'm glad I joined the blogging world (with your encouragement) because it reminds me that we are all in this together.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for checking on me yesterday and so sorry to vent on you..YOU were the first person I saw after listening to B scream for 25 minutes to school...anyway, thank you...I love all you "sky" pics lately..it was good chatting with you as always...I can't wait for some one on one time next week..I feel like I'm a little kid that needs her one on one "fix"...!!I just REALLY want to catch up on what is going on w YOU..

Anonymous said...

so true, and ditto on the long division! :)

Anonymous said...

so true, and ditto on the long division! :)

Dancing Queen said...

your "pick me up" posts lately have just been so inspirational! you're gonna need to start charging us a motivational speaker fee for reading!!

did you guys get your jubilee invite in the mail???