Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Waaayyyyy Back Wednesday

Back in October--during our Disney trip--I came up with this saying whenever things would get a little hairy, stressful, or out of control. What is my clever ditty, you ask?

"It's all good in the 'hood."

In my naive mind I deemed myself truly clever in coining this phrase...good in the 'hood. It drove Animesh crazy. I guess the frequency in which I said it increased as our vacation wore on. Because things got crazier and kids (and parents) became more exhausted as the vacation wore on. Imgaine that.

Turns out my cute ditty is NOT so original. But, I was just as gleeful to discover a really cool chick proclaiming to blog-land in one of her posts that all was good in HER hood. I commented how I loved that she and I shared the same tastes in groovy phrases, and that really cool chick responded by sending me this cool SURPRISE!



Maile, I love it. And, after the initial eye-rolling and "Oh, boy," I think Animesh loves it, too.

Thank you. I will wear it with pride. On a daily basis. : )

Great minds think alike. :-)

6 comments:

sojourner said...

Interesting that one post was about the "hood" and another post was about Austin. My hood was East Austin and I have never been able to enjoy the finer things in Austin because of that. I smiled when I saw ya'll walking on sixth street. If you continued east and crossed the freeway to the otherside for a few blocks the hood changes quit a bit. When I lived in the hood sixth street was where you could find any vice your little heart desired :0)

MamaMia said...

I dig the t-shirt and the phrase!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

that is so great!
Mr Rogers to boot!
yes... digging the new duds!

Heather said...

We leave for vacation in the morning, and I am already exhausted! Glad to hear that I'm not the only one. I look forward to the day when vacation is relaxing for me, too, although I guess that means that the kids will be grown, and I'm not quite ready for that yet. So...I'll have to enjoy the ride, despite the fatigue. Love the shirt!

Anonymous said...

Yay! You got it! This is my favorite PJ shirt. I found that site when we had the 80s party last year. And if I ever have another one, you have to come! (I don't think I knew you then). Anyway,you are the best, and
always such a sweet, honest, inspirational person.
Enjoy! :)

Dawn said...

how nice, a surprise gift in the mail - i love that! you deserve it!