Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Austin City Limits

My first ever girls weekend came and went way too quickly. I picked up Dawn on Friday afternoon and we high-tailed it outta San Antonio to meet Vanessa in Austin. She surprised us with these delectable treats when we got to the hotel. We had first tried them when Dawn and I flew to Dallas to see Vanessa in the hospital while she was incubating her beautiful twin boys. Friends, you haven't had a cupcake if you've never had one from here. They sell the mix at Williams-Sonoma. My opinion? They taste (and look) better from the actual bakery. At least when I make them.



Our first dinner out. I'm not sure why I look like a deer in the headlights.



Getting ready to spa. Facials, pedicures, and massages were heavenly.



After the spa we hit a new shopping spot...where great sales awaited us.




Celebrating our friendship on 6th street...



All ready for dinner in our respective "jewel-toned" tops. Still asking perfect strangers to take our pictures. This photographer worked at the Anthropologie...which is where we were when we decided to pose.



Our hotel was right on Town Lake, so Sunday morning Dawn and I took a walk. We watched some novice rowers enjoying the early morning. How cool is that to learn how to ROW?!



We also enjoyed some gorgeous scenery (love the yellow hose in the background)...



...and got to cross paths with "Jesus." I thanked him for stopping so I could take his picture. His response was, "No worries. Have a good one." Very with the times, don't you think?



On the way home Dawn and I stopped to grab some lunch here. Another meal spent in the great outdoors. I was reminded that we need to visit this quaint town more often.



So, here's a great big shout out to my high school peeps. Thanks for a super-fun weekend. And, here's to our 22 year friendship. I think we're like wine...we've gotten better with age.

5 comments:

Dancing Queen said...

WOW! It looks like you all had an amazing time and perfect weather for all the outdoor shopping & eating!

Ya'll sure looked purdy in them jewel tones!! Thanks for sharing your fun trip!

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing the details of your trip...looks like you had a great time, and since there was no mention of any disasters at home, I guess your family survived their time without you? I am loving your hair...very young and hip-looking :) All those photos makes me want to take a trip to Texas!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a fun time...Looks like the perfect weekend..You needed some girls time, hugh? Hope your soul was filled with much needed girlfriend love...

Dawn said...

wow - love the way the pictures turned out. I have been waiting for you to post and it was worth the wait. Call me about my house news....thanks for a great weekend. miss you already

MamaMia said...

Someday, when I stop having babies, I'll have you plan a girlfriends' weekend for me--yours looks and sounds like so much fun.

Wonderful pictures.