Monday, March 10, 2008

Movin' On

"The Weekend That Never Happened" is now officially over. I'm done moping about my canceled trip to San Fran and ready to begin the week afresh. I woke up this morning with a "bring on the day" attitude...and the day certainly brought it on. By 8am I had covered my daughter in rain gear from head to toe to backpack (much needed rain has arrived!), done the dishes, cleaned up my son's throw up (I don't think I'll ever eat pancakes again), and bathed both boys. Quite a morning, I'll say. Deven is feeling like new after his regurgitation, thank goodness. Hopefully just a 20 minute virus.

I sat down to check emails and found this amazing song waiting for me to listen to. Thanks, Rodger, for passing this along and reminding me of what I KNOW but don't always RELY ON--that God is always with us. And, if you're really lucky, you've got some amazing family and friends to count on, too. It's also a great theme song from parents to children. Any way you look at it...great, great, tune with a warm-fuzzy message.

Take a listen. And, have some tissues handy. You're bound to shed a few tears. Or cry buckets like I did.

2 comments:

sojourner said...

Oh the joys of cleaning vomit! I remember it well! I liked the "amazing song"

Love ya!

Shalet said...

I'm glad you found the song to cheer your day. And, I do hope Deven indeed had a 20-minute virus! Blech, vomit, blech.