Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Way Back Wednesday

So. To help hoist ourselves over hump day, Brene invited us to play along with her the first Wednesday of every month. It's called Way Back Wednesday, and this fun game is right up my alley. I'm not sure I'm getting the rules right because I'm not posting just ONE picture...but, I'm never one to follow the rules to a T anyway.

In honor of my upcoming 20th High School reunion, I'm sharing with the world my inaugural scrapbook...this, ladies and gents, is where it all started. A project for my English class. Forever the procrastinator, I threw this masterpiece together in about an hour...the night before it was due. Earned me "95." Sweet.

I'm loving the dot matrix printing on this bad boy.


Here's proof that I did, at one time, actually go by the name Jenny. Two people still call me Jenny to this day. Dawn and Vanessa--both friends from high school. And, both my dinner dates tonight for a girls night out. WHOO HOO!

Yes, folks, this is a 20-year-old wish bone. Cool, huh? Note the bug that affixed itself to my scrapbook page at some unknown later date.

I journaled in the scrapbook with such thrilling excitement. Truthfully? I barely even paid attention to the football games when we were in the stadium. I made for a poor drum major who had to be TOLD to get the band to play the fight song when we scored a touchdown. I was always too busy trying to learn the newest cheers from the girls (Melody) in the pep squad.

A close-up of me...with some bad "hat hair."


So, Dawn? Melody? Shawn? Did you all play today? Check 'em out and see...and join the fun while you're at it.

And, thanks for the invite, Brene!

6 comments:

Elder Bastidas said...

me gusta tu blog, pese a que my english is very bad,

un beso desde EspaƱa

Anonymous said...

I am wanting to go grab my scrapbook now!! Love it....and I am impressed Miss Drum Major :o) The dot matrix printer was pretty sweet....Hugs....

Anonymous said...

scrapbooking drum major? c'mon. you were even cool back then! love the post and the pics. you're raising the wbw bar!

http://ordinarycourage.squarespace.com/

Anonymous said...

I remember that Clark game! And Mrs. Gallegos' orange hair and blue eye shadow. I hope there was a picture of your band little sister in your scrap book...

Have fun tonight.

Anonymous said...

Awesome WBW post. Love that you broke the rules and posted extra pics. The dot matrix print is a classic. :) I'm still working on getting my scanner to work on my sister's laptop but I'm hoping to post mine tonight.

Speaking of borrowing computers, I had an email or 2 from you last week RIGHT before my laptop crashed. I won't have my computer back until probably Friday but if you can resend those emails I should be able to hook ya up before then. :)

MamaMia said...

I dig the idea of Way Back Wednesdays. What fun! Even though I'm a former Clark Cougar (Class of '89), I wasn't much into football so I don't remember the game at all.

Love this post!