Monday, February 11, 2008

Domestic Goddesses

Last week I hosted our monthly craft day...with ulterior motives. I bought a sewing machine, yet I don't sew. I wanted seamstress expert, Melody, to teach me. Angelia bought a machine, too, so we could learn together.

Melody was a patient teacher, bouncing back and forth from one side of the table to the other.

Amy stuck to the scrap booking. I wish I had, too. Read on.

Angelia was a sewing natural...

Angelia completed her project in no time...a two-sided lovey for her son for Valentine's day. Complete with fringe detail.

My project was relatively simple...sewing purple eyelash fringe onto the bottoms of aprons for an upcoming church retreat. I had all sorts of problems. Sweet Melody was kind enough to try and work them out...and insisted it was the machine--and not me. She messed with that machine forever.

The verdict? My machine is possessed. The sewing expert said so. One look at Melody's face (as Amy looks on) proves it.

Amy's face is priceless. It depicts the face of someone who was glad she left her sewing machine at home.


The saga continues...will the Honorary Indian complete the church retreat aprons in time? Will the sewing bug hit her and prompt her to make matching outfits for her children and all her girlfriends? Or, will she become entangled in a mess of purple thread, only to frustrate her so much that she hurls her sewing machine across the room...causing it to smash into smithereens?

Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Mendy said...

LOL! It's gotta be the machine! Definetely not the seamstress, especially on her first lesson!! Can't wait for the next episode!
Mendy

Anonymous said...

gosh I laughed so much that day!! I love craft day...I love the expressions on our faces..I'm sure the purple frige will work out..I could always help you and it will take twice as long!!!

Anonymous said...

But did you get the new machine?!

sojourner said...

I'm sorry you had such a tough time on your first lesson! But happy that you had so much fun!