Wednesday, January 30, 2008

5 Minutes of Fame

I'm actually bawling as I write this. While it's only Wednesday, I have had such an emotionally roller-coaster week...filled with perfect strangers calling me names, accusing me of being difficult, and ATTITUDES fitting of someone who is truly unhappy with life. The final straw may seem meaningless...when the Sonic chick nearly tore my head off today when she couldn't understand my Diet Cherry Coke order...but it sent me in to a flurry of tears and depression. One of the situations this week has left me utterly drained and terribly sad for reasons I don't wish to get into. But it has driven me to question who I am, what I stand for, and those whom I choose to call "friend."

And, that's a completely depressing state of mind to live in.

So. When I saw this and this...I was so thankful. I was reminded of who I am, how much I love myself and life, and what a great friend & person I am. I'm not tooting my own horn, although I don't believe there's anything the least bit wrong with that. What I'm doing is loving myself for the person I have been in the past, the person I am today, and the person I will be tomorrow--flaws, quirks, and imperfections included. And, I feel certain that those who truly love me will gladly accept them all--to quote my new fave song in the play list...they'll "take me as I am."

So. Can't thank you enough, Maile, for giving me this gift today on a day when I really needed it. You talked about the little moments meaning more than the big. The "in-betweens." That's what I am going to choose to focus on now...those wonderful, heart-swelling, warm-fuzzy in-between moments that grace my life each and every day. Because in the end, that's all that really matters. And, no matter what anyone else may say about me or think of me, I matter, too. As do we all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!
A snapshot that mirrors your soul!!!!!
WOW!!!!!!

MamaMia said...

Jennifer, these pictures are beautiful!! This is the kind of beauty that comes from "loving yourself and life"!! How inspiring you are...thank you for sharing.

You are going to have to fill me in sometime on who all these people are and how they are connected...I'm totally addicted to keeping up with these strangers. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you've had a rough week Jennifer. :( Your photos are amazing though. I especially love the one of you laughing on shutter sisters but they're all stunning. Hope tomorrow is a brighter day.

Dawn said...

Yuck, the mean girl in me wants to protect you from those hateful people, the counselor in me wants to hear the whole story and the friend in me just wants to drink a margarita with you while flipping them the finger. Since we have been friends for 20 (Ugh!) years - you get to pick which one you get to see next week. I love you and my god are you beautiful!