Friday, January 25, 2008

T.G.I.F

**(Tip for the reader: Go to my play list to the right and click on the song "New Soul" while reading this post. It'll cheer you up while I go on and on about the weather. Thanks, Maile).

Like the ole' bumper sticker says, I'm not from Texas, but I got here as fast as I could. Well, thanks to my dad and the Air Force. I love Texas for its big hair, big skies, and big celebrations (Fiesta & Rodeo come to mind). I especially love Texas for the sunshine. John Denver and I agree--"Sunshine on my shoulders makes me HAPPY!"

OK, so for the last 4 or 5 days...this little corner of Tejas has been severely lacking in the sunshine department. I mean dreary skies, rain, COLD temps. I'm all for this kind of cuddle weather...in small doses. But, no sunshine for days on end makes this Honorary Indian a VERY GRUMPY WIFE AND MOMMY. Ask Animesh. Ask my kids. They'll tell ya.

Ordinarily I would have just stayed home in my pjs this damp, sun-less morning. But, Animesh worked last night and couldn't do the "Priya drop-off", so I had to drag the boys out of bed and bring them along to take the princess to school. I considered going back home, but, since we were out, and since I was desperate to boost my spirits and get some endorphins pumping through my lethargic veins, I took the boys to the gym. I almost used the San Antonio Rodeo Cowboy Breakfast as an excuse NOT to go to the gym since it was being held in the same shopping center, but I'm glad I didn't because traffic smooth sailing.

After the gym--and since we were out anyway--the boys and I met Priya at school for lunch (which is the whole point of this post anyway).

The boys waited so patiently for their big sister to make her grand entrance.


Deven is pretty psyched to be going to "Priya's school" next year. He was so cute...taking in all the cafeteria action while the kids ate. He listened intently as Priya listed all the cafeteria rules...and was thrilled to hear that pizza was served EVERY Friday. His only complaint was that it wasn't on the menu daily.

Priya was so happy to see her brothers that she even offered to share some of her ice cream.

I'm prayin' every single day that the 3 little Indians stay as close as they are. It just warms my heart to see them love on each other.


Oh, and if you wanna hear a cute little diddy...I was introduced to this light-hearted love song by my guitar teacher, Richard. We figured out the chords, and I've been strumming it (slowly) ever since. It's pretty romantic...I mean, buying Rogaine for your balding love? You might want to play it for someone special on Valentine's Day...or it may make you want to go out and buy a sweater...at Old Navy, perhaps...recognize it from the commerical?

Happy Weekend!

4 comments:

Mendy said...

Cheers to a Happy weekend! I love how sweet they are towards each other! Love the sweet diddy, my lovy needs Roagine too!
Mendy

Anonymous said...

I like both of the songs .....and "New Soul" ended when I finished reading. Great timing! I Think it is perfect that your eldest was a girl, followed by two boys. She has top status automatically. Neither one of the boys will feel an urge to compete and they may not need to compete with each other as well. I predict this will allow the boys to have a closer relationship with each other. Priya will be a more nurturing leader for Deven and Trevor which will be good for all three of their relationships. Somebody planned well!

Anonymous said...

Your sweet little ones!!! How precious....

Mendy said...

I think I need to check my spelling or slowdown......... Rogaine. Anyway, how did you add the playlist to your site? I made one, just having trouble importing it over!!! Sorry to be Ramona! (do you remember Ramona?)
Mendy