Sunday, November 4, 2007

Lazy Days

Most weekends are a blur for us. Animesh is either working or out of town, or we have so many activities jam-packed into 48 hours that we are literally running from one thing to the next...as if our kids happiness and intelligence depends on the number of birthday parties or theme parks or pumpkin patches we've attended over a 2 day period.

Thankfully, we only had one social engagement this weekend, and it did not include children. Animesh and I spent Saturday morning celebrating my friend Susan's mom's 70th birthday at the most yummiest breakfast place in San Antonio. If you haven't visited The Guenther House, well, you're missin' out. It's totally worth the trek downtown to dine on the most yummy food in the most quaint setting.

Susan and I have been friends for about 13 years, so I've known Pat for almost as long. Susan and Pat have one of the most special mother-daughter relationships around--something I want for Priya and I in the years to come.


Animesh and I ran some errands after we filled our tummies...we didn't tell our babysitters (my parents) that one of those errands included a Saturday afternoon wine-tasting at Beeman's where you'll find some of the nicest people offering to pour you some of the nicest wines. :)

When we returned home we did some grillin' and then whipped up sort-of-home-made ice cream (with a mix Animesh bought at the Guenther House). Dawn & Shaun gave us this cool ice cream maker as a wedding present. Too bad we've waited 10 years to use it cuz the ice cream was DELISH!

Deven added M&M's to taste...it was almost like eating a blizzard.

Animesh made pancakes with the cool molds he bought--you guessed it--at The Guenther House. And, he calls ME the shopper in the family.

Check out the Longhorn mold...did anyone catch that amazing game yesterday? I'm not even a football fan, but that was some last minute victory-I know my brother-in-law was LOVIN' that game...right, Russell? Hook 'em, Horns!

We've just hung out around the house doin' a little bit of this...

--and a little bit of that.

The next couple weekends are going to be crazy-busy, so we're putting in as much effort as possible to be as lazy as we can. Yawn. I think I feel a Sunday afternoon nap coming on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics on Maile's blog!! Y'all look gorgeous.