Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Table for 5

I'm sure you've had a few sleepless nights wondering if we did, indeed, use the fine china I told you we were going to use this past weekend. Well, we did. The kids were psyched to eat in a room that is actually MADE for eating but never utilized in that way. They even help me set the table.

I ditched the hot dog idea, though, and came up with a pretty decent chicken parmesan. My meals never LOOK that pretty compared to Animesh's (Mr. Chef whose mantra is "presentation is everything"), but it tasted yummy enough.

Daddy & Trevor toast the meal.

Of course no fine meal is complete without the kids crawling under the table. They used the towels meant to protect the chairs as entrances into their little tunnels. Such fine table manners I'm instilling in them.


Yes, that's an Incredible costume Trevor is modeling. He is our feisty little Jacky-Jack.

I remember why I never use that fine china...it has to be washed by hand. Ugh.

Daddy made it convenient for us to eat in the "formal" (I use that term loosely) dining room because he was in the middle of a project and had every tool he owns on the breakfast table.


These awesome pendant lights are the finished product!

3 comments:

Melody A. said...

Love those pendants!! What's your next project?

Anonymous said...

I'm a sucker for brother shots...so adorable, made me smile!!

Anonymous said...

Opps, wrong comment on the wrong post, sorry, that was meant for the prior post...LOVE the pendants..3 is the perfect #, can't wait to see them in person!!! OK, it's late..I better hit the sack before I mess up more comments in the wrong spot..