Monday, September 10, 2007

Pump Up the Volume (Brothers & Sistahs!)



I am a music fanatic. I mean it. I know almost all the words to almost every song that ever aired on the radio in the 80s and 90s. Not only that, but I can tell you how old I was, who I was (or was not!) dating, what shade of blonde my hair was, how much I weighed (okay, maybe I wouldn't divulge that info), which hospital I was working in (I was a job-hopper), and which apartment I crashed in (I was an apartment-hopper, too...).

Not only do I know the words, I really do love the music...especially from my high school years (the 80s). Before Animesh and I could leave the children behind and go out of town I made him do our wills. He thought I was joking (and a bit morbid) when I told him I wanted the soundtrack to The Wedding Singer played at my viewing. I am totally serious about this. No, really. Totally. Serious.

Times have changed, but I still love music--though until recently the choices have not been my own. I've developed an appreciation for the rockin' musical sounds of The Wiggles, and I have to admit that I have been known to really cut a rug when my all-time favorite cartoon song serenades me in the mornings..."Rescue Pack" from Go Diego, GO! (C'mon, admit it! That tune just SCREAMS salsa...).

So, when my hubby called me 2 weeks ago on the first day of school--he timed this so perfectly--to tell me he had reinstated my satellite radio, I was, well, psyched! Not only do I have the 80s to rock out to...but the great dance tunes (C & C Music Factory, anyone?!) and rock hits from the 90s, too! Totally RAD!

Now, I've got 3 WHOLE DAYS A WEEK to jam to whatever I want to in the car. YEE-HAW (I know, that's so Texan). So, if you see me on IH-10 (East or West...I totally LIVE in my car on both sides of that highway), then you better move on over and let me pass. Because, like Sammy Hagar sings, "I Can't Drive 55."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just shut up!! I totally love the 80's music too!! I have over 500 cds in our closet, mostly 80s and 90s...well have to have a "jam" session sometime!! For my going away party in KC, that is what we did..listened to 80s all night and danced with wine...one of my FAV things to do..C and C music factory, got it, love it...guess I know what we'll be listening to on craft day!!!

Anonymous said...

A girl after my own heart!!! I am totally with ya sistah! We could have way too much fun on a girls road trip. Hmmmmm...that's an idea. Still love your blog :o)

Anonymous said...

that is such a good post! i'm jealous! i need satelite radio SO BAD!! And I am the same. I always have to stop the one-woman performance at stop lights. Unless the song is just too good not to keep singing! Go girl, bust a move!!