Sunday, August 19, 2007

Unwritten


"Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten."


From the song "Unwritten" sung by Natasha Bedingfield

For days this catchy tune has been stuck in my head (and prompting me to get my groove on when I hear it on the Ipod) as I've contemplated the idea of doing my first triathlon. It's a SPRINT, mind you, but I don't view a 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike ride, and 3 mile run as anything less than a worthy accomplishment--provided I finish and don't end up on a stretcher headed for the nearest Austin hospital come June of '08. I've vocalized my desire and "not set in concrete" commitment to several of those closest to me...which, in my mind, makes this all the more real. In fact, blogging about it almost ensures that I will actually follow through. Maybe there's something to be said of those life coaches who preach about putting your goals in writing. Only time will tell. Until then, today is where MY book begins. The rest is still unwritten.

1 comment:

Melody A. said...

Holy cow. I'm thinking my 5k in Nov. is a feat. Good for you.

Surprise for you at my blog. Check it out.