Friday, August 17, 2007

A Day in the Life and GO WILDCATS!





If you ask me what I'm thinking about at any given moment, you had better settle in and get comfy because you're gonna get an earful. My mind is constantly racing--in a matter of only minutes my flight of ideas can go from what the state of the union is to what shade of nail polish I'll choose at my next pedicure with a thousand other thoughts in between. I often warn my husband to stand back because my brain is on the verge of exploding with all the information it is trying to store, sort through, or forget. I'm amazed at my husband sometimes...not at how smart he is but at his ability to think about one thing at a time--especially where the children & house are concerned. Granted, this only serves to frustrate me at times (okay...ALL THE TIME) when he's not doing 27 things at once (and FAST). I have to remember that he doesn't operate this way on a daily basis like I do...and I've grown so used to multitasking on this level that I grow impatient when he doesn't.

You might be wondering what these pictures have to do with one another. Well, they're kind of a visual flight of ideas of our exciting Friday. We started our day at the dentist (exhibit A: Deven's pearly whites). Afterwards I visited an orthopedic surgeon for my ailing knee (exhibit B: my x-rays--don't turn me in for violating my own confidential information). And, no way, no how did I want Animesh to treat me himself. That's rule #1 in the marriage handbook. Luckily, it's only tendonitis...will have to do my exercises and wear my brace and see how things go. While I was getting fixed up, Animesh took the kids to Target where he finally understands my theory: when you shop with children, you always leave with more than you came for. Priya is now the proud owner a Gabriella doll from High School Musical (exhibit C)...which will sit next to us proudly tonight as we watch the sequel's premiere tonight on Disney Channel--yeah, that's me in exhibit D sporting my own H.S. Musical t-shirt. Who do you think is more excited?

1 comment:

Dawn said...

you look beautiful in that picture. I hope your knee does not hurt too bad. I have never seen high school musical - I'm so out of it. I really love your entry today.