Monday, August 20, 2007

Last Hurrah

The three little Indians LOVED this oldie but goodie...but not as much as my breakfast. What is it about the food on Mommy's plate always tasting better?

Trevor loved feeding the ducks...slowly...piece of food by piece of food.

The three little Indians pose outside the Butterfly Exhibit at the zoo.


Yesterday began a fun-filled week for me & the kids before school starts next Monday. I'm waking them up earlier than normal to prepare them for an unbelievable departure time from the house, and we're attempting at least one adventure a day to mark the end of summer vacation (but not the end of the summer heat!).

Sunday we visited IHOP, and isn't it nice to know that in this day and age of high-tech gadgets and ever-changing fads that some things never change? I remember eating these smiley face pancakes when I was a kid. My heart danced as I watched the kids enjoy these yummy treats. Such a happy blast from the past.

Today we went to the zoo, ate our picnic lunch with the ducks & fish (and flies & bees, much to my children's dismay), and rode the train in Brackenridge Park. The plan is to make it to Sea World tomorrow and swimming Wednesday, but Hurricane Dean will determine whether our adventures continue to be outdoors for the rest of the week. Yep, you guessed it--I'm not ready for summer to end.

1 comment:

Melody A. said...

Aw, I just took a picture of Natalya in front of those wings yesterday! She won't go in the butterfly exhibit, though.