Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Guilty Pleasures


Yesterday I took all 3 little Indians to the grocery store for some heavy duty shopping. We were pretty much out of everything from milk to eggs to soap. I'm pretty sure I don't need to say much more to you moms out there about this morning outing. It was quite exhausting. They were behaved enough, aside from the "I want that cereal!" to the "I have to go potty!" to the "I want to sit in The Wiggles shopping cart."

It's not the actual shopping that knocks the wind out of my sails. It's the homecoming. I have it down to a science (I unload the car, put away groceries, feed the kids lunch, inhale my own sandwich in between trips to the car & the potty to wipe bottoms, etc.). Is this sounding familiar to anyone?

So, after this juggling act and while the kids were "resting" I decided to ignore the piles of dirty laundry, the piles of clean laundry in need of folding, and the dirty dishes in the sink. I decided instead to light my favorite candle & relax in a hot tub while indulging in some intellectual reading material. I must say that for the first time in a long time I felt not a ping of guilt. I highly recommend playing this form of housework hooky--it was totally worth the chores that still awaits me.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I love your links, they make me smile. Where do you get the candles? The book cover looks like Maile's website. Yes, we are on for Friday.