Thursday, August 9, 2007

Who's Your Daddy?





Last Sunday we spent the afternoon lounging in my parents' pool. It was pretty much a little slice of heaven...lots of sunshine & even more laughs. The kids are so incredibly lucky to have 2 sets of grandparents that pretty much worship the ground they walk on, and we're even luckier that my parents live a short 15 minutes away.

The hit of any family get-together is Papa Jim. Count on him to start the ball-throwing fight or to get more excited than Deven when the remote-control speedboat races across the water. He's as silly as any kid--slam dunking at his pool-side hoop or splashing wildly while attempting a cannonball. And, for an "old" (no pun intended) Air Force Colonel, he is more laid back than most people I know. He's known affectionately by the kids as Papa or Pops or Popcorn, but to me, he's the coolest dad ever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm making my visit visit to yours. Your little Indians are ADORABLE. I'll visit more often.