Friday, February 4, 2011

February 4th: I Love.....

....snow!



I can say that I love snow since I'm not knee deep in it.

I can say that I love snow since I don't have to shovel it
on a regular basis.

I can say that I love snow since I'm not stuck at home 
with the kids after consecutive snow days in a row...
pulling my hair out and going stir-crazy.

Last night brought us only a light dusting...
pretty much what you would expect as far as 
snowfall in South Texas.








But it was just enough.


The pups loved it.

 






So did the kids.






Here is an example of what can happen
when you let your sister dress you.





An attempt at throwing a snowball.





Deven's goggle mark.  






Which morphed into a happy snow face.




After awhile...we had had enough fun for the time being.  

It was time to go inside and thaw out...
which is only possible with hot chocolate, I'm told.



Apparently this light dusting of snow covered 
significant ice patches on the rode...
hence, our SNOW DAY---staying home from school.

So far I've had to break up 4 fights 
and put 1 kid in a time-out.  
It's only 10am.

Think it might be a long day.

Thankfully, we're thawing out tomorrow.  Sunny and 65.

Unpredictable, ever-changing Texas weather at its best.

4 comments:

HipMomma said...

I love it for all those reasons, too. And I love Deven's snow face. Enjoy!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

ohhhh... look at yall soaking up the snow!
yeah... for that fun fluffy stuff! :O)

took a sip from my toasting friend tonight :O)...
had to sneak by... say hi!

btw... i actaully like shoveling it... USUALLY... there have been a few times... oh my... not a happy camper. :O)
when it's that light dry stuff... fun!

yall enjoy your weekend!
hugs from... warmer than you currently... wyoming! :O)

Heather said...

Yeah, the occasional snow day is fun.

The weekly snow day? Notsomuch.

I haven't even taken a picture of our snow/ice/wintry mix days for weeks.

Love yours, though!

Sunny and 65 sounds WAY more my style :)

sojourner said...

scarfs and PJ's - I love it!