Thursday, November 18, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude: Days 17 & 18

It's been a really rough couple of days.  Today I'm so grateful for the little things that have helped boost my spirits.



Monday I took my friend to the charming town of Fredericksburg for her birthday celebration.  We started this tradition last year...and it was so much fun we decided to do it again.  This trip I remembered to bring my growler.  Had it filled with my favorite brewsky at our favorite lunch spot.  Tuesday and Wednesday evenings I enjoyed this beverage oh-so-much.



Speaking of Tuesday...I'm  usually ready for bed by 8:30pm, but I stuck it out for a guitar lesson.  I'm so thankful I did, because Richard always makes me laugh.  I'm learning fun songs (see playlist), and the "jam session" (I've always wanted to say that...) was a real mood pick-me-upper.




Yesterday we drove past our old house in San Antonio located very centrally but in the midst of a swirl of traffic and noise.  For the first time in 6 1/2 years I didn't miss our old home.  I am happy to be exactly where I am.  Centipedes, scorpions, armadillos, and all.  Today I got to enjoy actually being at home--a rare occurrence in my crazy busy life.  I had the pleasure of enjoying a very quiet lunch on my very quiet back patio.  Enjoying this view on a 60 degree day.




Making myself write these gratitude posts has been therapeautic...especially on days when I least feel like expressing thanks.
Things are starting to look up.

5 comments:

Heather said...

The beer looks interesting.

Guitar lesson sounds fun.

Hate that you're having a hard week.

Love that you got some solitude with a gorgeous view, to boot. I love when I finally have the house to myself; it happens so seldom but is always welcome when it does.

sojourner said...

when are you going to play for me? would be the perfect graduation gift - we need to have a slumber party at the HRI

sojourner said...

had to come back after scrolling through and add.....i request "I'm Yours" just for me - we could sing it together! i love your playlist it fits your gratatude posts and very up lifting :0)

Territory Mom said...

Beautiful post, beautiful blog.

Quirky Mess said...

Jen, that photo of you and the kids is about the sweetest thing ever!!!! I love your "attitude of gratitude". It puts a smile on my face!