Tuesday, November 16, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude: Days 12-16

It's been hard to keep up with my gratitude posts.  I knew it would be.  I'm spread too thin...busy as a bee...trying to keep it all together as a wife, mom, friend, female.....  But, after reading lots of Brene's blog posts and her new book, "The Gifts of Imperfection,"  well, let's just say I'm okay with myself for not posting daily like I said I would.  I am not perfect

This past weekend was incredibly taxing for me in many ways.  It was physically taxing in that Friday and Saturday I was on the go constantly.  It was mentally taxing in that I needed to make sure the 3 little Indians were cared for while I was otherwise occupied since Daddy was traveling.  It was emotionally taxing in that I heard so many inspiring stories of survival and witnessed so many moments of selfless giving that I was brought to unexpected tears on many occasions.  I have found myself counting my numerous blessings time and time again on Saturday and the days that have followed.  Healthy children..especially Dorothy's.  The health of my family.  The many selfless bakers who volunteered for the cause.  The wonderful friends I spent the day with and who visited the booth and supported the cause.  The incredible opportunity to give back.




Our Cookies for Kids Cancer Bake Sale is over for this year (click on link if you still want to donate!).  But the memories remain.  And the joy we all felt in doing our little part to try and make a difference will be forever embedded in our hearts.

Thank you Nicole and Amy, for sharing in the journey.  You girls rock.  And to Deb...well...you are just the wind beneath all of our wings.

And to the fabulous bakers...we couldn't have done it without you!





We are truly blessed to have been a blessing to this cause.

2 comments:

Heather said...

What a wonderful way to spend your weekend, and how good that you have a bit of downtime (for a minute) to process and appreciate all of it, from the hard work and tears to the success stories.

Thanks for sharing!

(It's so odd to see you wearing coats and scarves...I always picture y'all being warm and toasty while we freeze up here in Ohio :)

sojourner said...

you all have a different version of the same hair cut :0)