Monday, November 8, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 8

Today I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve others.

We just spent an amazing weekend in the Texas Hill Country with our church family.  Existing bonds were strengthened.  New bonds were formed.  It was fantastic.  I was served by my friends...and I was blessed to be able to serve in return.

Now it's time to focus on a big event that's occurring this Saturday.  It's the Cookies for Kids Cancer Bake Sale at Boerne Market Days from 10am-5pm.  My friend, Nicole, is organizing this event for the 2nd year in a row, and, as a parent with healthy kids, I'm so grateful for the chance to help raise money for pediatric cancer research so that other parents may see a glimmer of hope when their child is diagnosed with this potentially fatal disease.  I was a part of the bake sale last year, and I'm looking forward to doing it again Saturday.

I had the honor of writing an article about Nicole's efforts in one of our community's local newspapers.  Last week it was published, and it was a thrill to see my name in print (I am a closet writer....).  You can view the article here (just ignore that it's found in the obituary section!  It's the story at the top.  Keep clicking on the article until it enlarges).  What a joy it was to (hopefully) shed some light on this cause and how those in our small town can help us this weekend by donating.

During this month of thanksgiving my gratitude cup overflows--but every day I'm grateful for healthy children.  Hope you'll show your gratitude this weekend for your own healthy kids by visiting our stand and contributing to this worthy cause.

Won't you join me in leaving a legacy that includes helping out others?

2 comments:

Moon Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moon Mommy said...

Healthy children are a blessing we should never take for granted, thanks for reminding us of that. And there are no words big enough to express my thankfulness for your help and support with this cause. It's going to be a great weekend, I just know it.