Friday, August 27, 2010

Soak Up The Sun





It's been a long week. The first week of school was tough on us all---at least in the exhaustion category. Three little Indians are tired. I am tired. Animesh is out of town this weekend, so it would have been an even longer week...but my inlaws just called to tell me they're almost here. They are hanging with the kids tomorrow night so that I can head to Austin.

To see two of my all-time faves in concert.

I. Love. Sheryl Crow. Having been a guitar student for, oh, about four years now...I have a new-found appreciation and admiration for Sheryl and her songwriting gifts...especially since she's a chick. I have so many favorite songs of hers that I cannot pick just one. But, way up there is "The First Cut is the Deepest." And "Soak Up the Sun."

Colbie Caillat burst onto the scene years later, but "Begin Again" is one of those I know by heart and could listen to over and over and over. BUT! Only the iTunes Session version of the song. Showcasing the guitar, of course. Again...a guitar-playing chick.

I cannot wait!!!!!


No comments: