Friday, July 30, 2010

California Girl

For the last 4 weekends I haven't slept in my own bed. This weekend will make #5. Kinda feel like a stranger in my own house...at least when I look longingly at my blue pillow and think about how long it has been since I laid my fake-blonde head on it on a Saturday or Sunday.

The first 3 weeks of July found us summer-vacationing as a family. Last weekend I was called by God to serve on this amazing retreat weekend that I've been so blessed to be a part of for the last 9 years. And this coming weekend? Well, it's time for a little R & R without our precious children.

California style.

We will be celebrating one of our dear friends' milestone birthdays (ssshhhh...it's a surprise... thanks to his wife he has NO IDEA WE ARE COMING). Afterwards Animesh and I will spend a couple days on our own enjoying the sights and sounds of Napa Valley. Whoo-hooo!





I haven't always enjoyed wine. Before we married I was pretty much content with my "pink" wine...White Zinfandel...

But, when we married Animesh vowed to convert me.

Can you keep a secret? He actually DID! Red wine is my preference now...sssshhhh! Don't tell Animesh he was actually RIGHT. :-)

What's really cool is that we'll be flying into the city where I was born. Sacramento, California. Yep...I'm a California girl.

I'm looking forward to a fun trip filled with friends, wine, and cherished memories made. Yea! But, I'm also looking forward to returning home. To my babies---who will have undoubtedly had the time of their lives with their grandparents. To a home where I can lay my head down in my own bedroom.

We have one more fun trip to look forward to before school starts...to the beach...I'm so excited about that!

I'm also looking forward to school starting. To schedules and routines being established. To all the exciting, new adventures that awaits all of us this fall. I think we are all excited about the start of school.

Until then...cheers! I'll be toasting you all in the beautiful hills of Napa Valley!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That sounds like a wonderful trip! Have fun, and please share some pics when you return; I've never been to California, but it sounds lovely.

I still prefer pink over red (don't tell Animesh).

All of our babies will be school this year, won't they? Sigh...

Moon Mommy said...

From one California Girl to another, hope you have a truly great time. Napa is a gorgeous place, and to be surrounded by wine to boot? Well you're just lucky :-)