Friday, May 21, 2010

Austin City Limits




I have always loved Austin. Lately I've only visited Austin to participate in triathlons, though, so when it came time to celebrate Vanessa's 40th it was only natural that my high school peeps and I had travel to Austin to visit her and her family in their new digs.

Last Labor Day weekend I rode the bike portion of the Austin Triathlon down South Congress. I just love this picture with the capital in the background.




Last Friday in honor of Vanessa's 40th, Dawn, Page, Vanessa, and I were able to experience the newly transformed South Congress Street ("So Co" as it is now referred to---so hip...) in a more relaxed manner. Great fun. Especially with friends I've known for over 20 years.

Mexican food for lunch.....



Loved this guitar inside the restaurant. Thanks, Dawn, for making me take a picture with it. :-)







....and delicious cupcakes for dessert....this place has been featured on Food Network several times.









Austin is known for its "airstream trailer" cuisine...so cool.



We finished off our day with drinks and a gorgeous cheese & fruit platter at this fantastic bar inside an amazing hotel.





Just as I received for my 40th...."the box" was bequeathed to Vanessa with her gifts inside it...Dawn, you're next. :-)

Happy birthday, Vanessa. Welcome to the 40 club.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like a great time, and a wonderful way to spend a 40th birthday!

Yvette said...

Aww, it looks like you all had a great day! Birthdays with friends are just great!

Amy Keith said...

How fun! Would you believe we celebrated Fred's 30th at the San Jose, rented out the courtyard...wow, we've packed a lifetime (3 actually) into the last decade! Seems like a million years ago, but what fun...