Friday, February 12, 2010

I Love (Feb. 12th).....

.....these girls.



Page and Dawn




Vanessa and I


They said old friends are some of the best kinds of friends.
I couldn't agree more.
Who else has grown up with you
through bad boyfriend experiences,
bad hair styles,
bad parenting days,
bad grades,
bad life choices,
and other curve balls life throws at you?

I've known Vanessa, Dawn, and Page
for over 20 years now.

Gasp.

And spending the evening with them last night
as we celebrated my upcoming 40th birthday
was nothing short of awesome.

Vanessa decoupaged this box
with pictures of gorgeous, famous 40-somethings on it
and gave it to Page back in December when she turned 40.
Last night it was passed to me for my 40th.
Vanessa will receive the box in May.
Dawn...in June.




The box itself was great, but what was inside brought me to tears.
These girls thought long and hard about the gift...
and who I am...
and what I enjoy...
and their thoughtfulness means more than words can say.

Here's my ultra-cool new guitar strap.
And, as Vanessa put it, my "Sheryl Crow" cuff bracelet
to wear while I rock on.
How ironic that I was just talking about Sheryl Crow
during our drive to The Yardhouse last night.
Little did I know.




Thanks for an awesome celebration, Vanessa, Dawn, and Page.

Yep. These girls will always be my friends.
They know way too many secrets about me.
Especially after last night's discussion.

:-)

2 comments:

fictionmama said...

Hey. That's me singing!

Here's how we're going to celebrate our birthdays in 30 years...

http://perezhilton.com/2010-02-11-senior-citizens-take-on-billie-jean

Heather said...

What a fabulous night, and an equally fabulous gift! You are truly blessed to have friends that have been in your life so long!