Monday, April 5, 2010

These are the Days




These are the days....

...that I'm relishing my time spent with my youngest child.

Because yesterday I registered my baby for Kindergarten. I cannot believe how quickly time has flown.

Lately I've joked with friends how I'll probably be sad for exactly two days after Trevor heads off to Kinder...and that the Mondays and Fridays Trevor and I currently spend together will be filled with more volunteer opportunities, laundry-folding, dish-washing, working out, and lunching with friends.

While this may be true, I'm gonna miss that little guy and our one-on-one time together so much. He's strong-willed and feisty at times (like his mama....), but our once challenging mother-and-son quality time has morphed into a time of joyous memory-making that I hope he carries with him forever.





These are the days.....

....that I am thankful for Deven and his sense of humor. His comebacks. His facial expressions. His timing with his one-liners. That kid cracks us up. Even when I feel like crying.

He's also precious when he's sleeping. My handsome little guy.






These are the days....

...that I am celebrating my own accomplishment.

This past weekend was an amazing Walk to Emmaus retreat where I served on the music team.

Yep, you read correctly.

For 4 days I served as not only one of the vocalists who led the singing...but also as one of the guitarists.

It's only taken me 3 1/2 years to feel comfortable enough to play in front of other people besides my kind guitar teacher...and I have to say that while my performances were by no means perfect...the whole experience was an absolute blast.





These are the days....

....that I am amazed by Priya's musical talents. She absolutely loves to sing. And dance. And actually carries a tune. Beautifully. Her 2nd grade musical was last week. It was precious...and she loves me so much that she even agreed to wear the homemade costume (well, t-shirt) I threw together at the last minute.













These are the days...

....I'm so thankful for my husband. He not only took off from work to be with the kids while I was gone this weekend...but he cleaned out the garage, took all 3 to their soccer games (and coached Trevor's team!), did all of the laundry AND had the kids put it all away, cleaned up the dishes, and took the kids to a hockey game.

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that due to a wicked hailstorm last week that nearly totaled my old mommy-mobile...he bought me a new car. After he test drove it with all 3 kids.








Super-dad for sure. And, I do believe he enjoyed every single minute of it.



These are the days....

....when I am feeling so eternally grateful for the amazing bunch of girlfriends that surround me. You know who you are. You are all different. You are all in different circles. But you are all special. And I'm so thankful for each of you.


What are you doing these days?

6 comments:

mama's smitten said...

You are blessed!:) Your post inspired me to take a moment..... sigh... and give thanks .... I am also blessed! Thank you for sharing!

Heather said...

I don't know how I missed this post! I love it!

I'm signing Gabe up for kindergarten today, and I know EXACTLY what you mean. Having all three kiddos in school is something that seems so unreal, something you KNEW was going to happen someday, but it always seemed so far away...

sigh.

We are so very blessed. I love reading such a positive post first thing in the morning, Jennifer. You've given me a great perspective to have today!

Anonymous said...

Another inspiring post from a truly amazing mother, friend, wife.....you are amazing!!! I cannot believe he is going to be a kinder baby. I remember playgroup with Priya and Ryan at your old house...time flies!!! Hugs and I am sorry we don't get to see each other anymore but maybe I can make it that way this summer :o) Kudos to Animesh...Hubby of the Year for sure :o)

Moon Mommy said...

We had a hail storm? Here? Guess I was out in earthquake country so I missed it. I'll take hail any day. It's so neat to read your reflections on your family, but especially wonderful to hear kudos for the hubbys. So often they go overlooked and it's nice to take a moment and recognize what they bring to our lives. One nice thing about being 30+10 is that we're finding time to appreciate the little moments and express gratefulness for what is...

Hope you enjoyed your homemade pound cake with homemade lemon curd and raspberries. I know I did. YUM! xoxo

Dawn said...

what a great post. i love how you made everyone feel so special. you sure did marry a great guy...laundry, car, soccer, garage, are you sure he is human and do you rent him out? :) Miss you

Yvette said...

as usual, i love reading your posts!!! and i love hearing about your kids.
what are we up to??? yea, we are stranded in SA! We have been so busy doing family things so maybe now we will have a day or two to sit on the couch and relax!!