Sunday, April 25, 2010

Stoked



For as long as I can remember I have wanted to learn to play the guitar.

I'll admit this now (because I'm 40 and fearless and only mildly embarrassed by this fact) but when I was about 8 or 9 I would stand in front of a mirror almost daily strumming passionately on a tennis racket while belting out the lyrics to "Afternoon Delight" as it played on my trusty record player.

Little did I know what "Afternoon Delight" was really all about. But my parents were never concerned about it. At least not the way I am concerned about some of the lyrics in today's music....

But that's another post.

Fast forward to 2007. I began taking guitar lessons. Finally. After years and years of dreaming and wishing and dreaming about becoming a guitar player myself.

This Christmas Animesh gave me the most gorgeous guitar ever...and it's inspired me to practice more often...and even play on a church retreat earlier this month and again in July.



Since becoming serious about the guitar, my mentors have quickly become (in my opinion) two of the most amazing musicians/vocalists of my time. It was a total fluke that I went searching on one of their websites....only to discover that in August they are touring. TOGETHER. In an ultra-cool small venue. In an ultra-cool city.


AND I'VE GOT TICKETS!




This summer I'm going to be more excited than a kid in a candy store when I see pretty up-close-and-personal Sheryl Crow and opening act Colbie Callait. I don't remember the last time I was this excited about a concert (maybe going to see Sting in 1988 for the first time??).

I cannot wait.

Who would you just love to see in concert?

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I'd go see them(Sheryl & Colbie). where will they be and are there still tickets? If I had to guess I'd say somewhere like Austin City limits. sounds like a great gift for your 40th b-day year. I'd also like to see Madonna (but not too thrilled with her facelift)...if I wanted to pretend I was young, I'd go see Lady Gaga.

Moon Mommy said...

Didn't you just say the other day you wanted to see Sheryl Crow? And you got tix? yea for you!