Saturday, March 13, 2010

And We're Off....

It's finally here. Spring Break. I think I was more relieved than the kids were yesterday when I picked them up from school.


The suitcases are packed (ok...they are overflowing!), the carry-ons are brimming with airplane activities, and the camera is charging.







Bright and early Monday morning we are snow-bound for some skiing, sledding, snowman-making, and hot-chocolate-drinking.


We cannot wait.


I learned to ski as a kid where I was blessed enough to have learned in Europe when my dad was stationed in Germany. Animesh learned in his late 20s, and we've had some amazing ski trips together before the 3 little Indians joined our family. Animesh is more cautious on the slopes than I am, but he absolutely loves it. And the kids? This is their first time ever. It's going to be awesome to see how they respond and what they can do.


Hopefully they'll love skiing as much as Animesh and I do.


Hope ya'll enjoy your time off (if it's your break). I know that while I'm giddy about spending time in the snow I'll be ready to head back home to the warmth that will (hopefully) be awaiting us deep in the heart of Texas.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I hope you have fun!

So funny to hear you being excited about being snow-bound; I'm so glad that the snow is finally melted round these parts :)

Enjoy your vacation! Can't wait to see some pics!

HiHoOhio said...

they are just the right ages and should love it!