Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Love (Feb. 28th).....

.....soccer.


I played soccer for about 8 years as a kid.
Always got placed as the fullback...guarding the goal.
One of my coaches affectionately called me
"thunder-foot" because of my kicking abilities.

At least that's better than "thunder-thighs."

Oh, yeah. I was called that, too.
Sigh.

But I digress.

All 3 little Indians are playing this Spring,
so I am now the consummate soccer mom.
Three different practices. On three different nights.
Three different uniforms.
Three different games on Saturdays.








Yesterday was our first "game day"...
four hours at the fields loaded down with
our cooler containing team snacks and our lunches,
blankets, folding chairs, and this little one.......





Buddy was well behaved, generally speaking.
He just chilled out on the blanket and
ate up all the affection he received from passers-by.

When the kids weren't playing in their respective games
they hung out at the playground.
And then came back to find us for more snacks.




This is Mr. Frownie-Brownie....
who is so into soccer that he
pouted when he couldn't play on
Deven's team.

So he drowned his sorrows in his
5th bag of Goldfish crackers.




The boys are addicted, and Priya seems to love it, too.
She scored her first goal.
In her first soccer game ever.

Animesh and I are huge fans...
our screaming and cheering and excitement
rivals this dude on my playlist.
It's stressful for Animesh who is
ultra-competitive.
I'm just happy the kids are getting
fresh air and exercise.

So this ends the month of "I Love...." posts.
It was a fun challenge, Melody.

But now I'm ready for March.
And Spring.
AND SPRING BREAK!

Skiing, anyone?



3 comments:

Quirky Mess said...

Yeah, this is definitely not going in the direction of simplifying... but what fun!!! Enjoy it!

sojourner said...

so cute: kids & puppy - how's that homework assignment coming along?

HiHoOhio said...

Soccer is my favorite sport to. I love you!!