Sunday, May 3, 2009

Peace, Love, & Rock-n-Roll


I don't know about you, but this weekend flew by. Worrying about Priya coupled with already previously scheduled commitments resulted in an emotional and physical shutdown this evening---Sunday evening. I'm not sure if I've recovered yet. What I am sure of is that I've got a doozy of a week ahead of me.

Saturday Animesh and I left our sick daughter and her brothers with the only people we didn't feel guilty about doing so--the grandparents. Priya was still fevering on and off, but we felt comfortable jetting off to nearby Comfort for my guitar teacher's annual "jam" (an informal recital) for his students.



Now, I've been taking lessons (if you could call it that) for 2 1/2 years. But, I'm not really that good. I could be if I practiced. Thank goodness Richard is patient with me. And, I told him it was gonna take a LOT of beers for me to get on the stage. I only had one beer, therefore I did not perform. I told Richard that I would do it next year...if he provides a wind and smoke machine so I could get the full effect of being a rock star. He agreed.


Animesh couldn't resist
face-booking during the event.





And reaching for a beer.




The carport stage.
This year's theme was "Woodstock." Tie dye attire encouraged.




A student prepares to "jam."





I love Richard's tie-dye guitar t-shirt.




There were even party favors...
because I'm always losing
guitar picks when I play at gigs.





Peace.


It was a laid back fun afternoon filled with some great music (the younger students knocked our socks off) and awesome food. I'm already planning my performance for next year's "Jammin' in Comfort." Wind machine and all. And you're all invited.

PRIYA UPDATE: Animesh took her to the ER this morning. Actually, they visited TWO ERs (the first ER wasn't interested in doing any kind of testing after 5 days of running a fever). So, Daddy pulled some strings and got her in where he works...where they ran a gammat of tests that all came back negative. Thank the Lord. So, the unofficial diagnosis is sinusitis. Which is what the doctors diagnosis you with when they don't know exactly what's going on.

Good thing is that she's been fever-free all day. But still needs to stay home tomorrow from school since she had a fever this morning and needs to have a normal temperature for 24 hours before going back. Now, if only she could breathe through her nose. Poor baby.

But , hopefully--with the help of some good antibiotics--she's finally on the mend after 5 long days.

Many thanks for all your caring and concern.

7 comments:

Laura said...

I'm glad to hear that she's doing a bit better and that y'all are seemingly none the worse for it. Still praying for y'all. Hugs! Laura

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she's ok and pray she can breathe easier soon.

Heather said...

Sick babies are the worst. Even when they're not babies anymore. Poor Priya, poor you and Animesh. It sucks knowing too much (on the medical side of things), when ususally it is something simple like a virus or a sinus infection. Our imaginations run wild at times, don't they?

I would love to see you in concert. And I totally will, someday.

Looking forward to June, and meeting up with you IN REAL LIFE. Hope it works out this time :)

Take care of yourself, Jen. And watch out for the pigs!

sojourner said...

Jen! Shame on you for not playing at the gig!!!! I am soooo disappointed!!!! I wanted to see a pic of you jammin away with the crowd going wild ;0(

So glad your baby girls is fever free! My finals will be finished this week so we need to have lunch before your kids are out from school and you have no time :0)

THE Stephanie said...

Oh you totally should have done it!! It would have been awesome, I'm sure.

My hubby plays, and I've wanted to learn, but lessons from the hubby - not a good idea! LOL

Anonymous said...

You totally rock!!! Has it been 2 years with the lessons?? Wow....time flies. Thank goodness for hubbies that can pull strings xxxxxI am glad your sweet baby girl is feeling better.

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

little priya... OH... is she all back to better now?

i bet it WAS so hard to leave her!
but... then you wouldn't have been able to look so dipping cute in your tie dye top! yall are fun!
i bet... know you were great